˚₊‧꒰𝐀 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐀 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"That's a load of shit! Let us do something!" Y/N argued with Karim's orders, for someone like him to remain on 'standby', that's a waste of his power.

"Newcomers joining in will cause chaos to the chain of command. Stay here, just like that, and wait." The company commander's voice was absolute, and Y/N would've argued back if not for Arthur and Shinra grabbing hold of both his arms. Y/N glared at his back as he began to lead his men, and with a heavy sigh, his friends released him. There was so much going on, people running around and fire men and soldiers doing their jobs; it physically pained Y/N to just stand there. From the corner of his eye, he noticed a man simply.. standing there, when a bottled bug was pressed into his back.. by someone wearing fire brigade one clothing..

Suddenly bursting into flames.

"Shit!" Y/N shouted, wings unfurling as he sprinted after the culprit. He ignored the shouts of Shinra and Arthur behind him, tunnel vision at the max as he flew through and into a clear area. 

Only to have Karim and Rekka both standing there, and coincidentally, they both had the exact same clothes on as well. Y/N cursed under his breath as the three of them looked at each other for a moment longer.

"What're you doing here, Y/N? I told you and the others to stand by." Karim narrowed his eyes on the winged fire soldier, who clenched his fists as he debated between the two. 

"Y/N! Have you found an infernal?" Rekka asked, all hints of his smile wiped away as he remained a company commander in the midst of chaos. Y/N narrowed his own eyes on the both of them, now left with only two suspects. 

Is it both of them?

"What's wrong?" Rekka asked, taking a step forward that caused Y/N to take one back. 

"What're you doing here at this place!? Didn't' I tell you to stand by and wait?" Karim asked again, but Y/N didn't have a response as he took his time studying the two and weighing his options. 

"You guys! What're you-" Arthur shouted as he and Shinra finally caught up, and Y/N elbowed the both of them in the chest before they were able to get anything else out. 

"I ran over here because I swore I heard someone asking for help, I'm still a fire soldier even when I'm without my brigade." Y/N smiled at the two, whom visibly relaxed at the explanation, "These two followed after, but, we'll head back to stay on standby." Y/N snapped at the final word, frowning at Karim who frowned right back. The other teams from company 1 began to all meet in the area they were in, so Y/N and friends decided to just stay there and analyze. 

"Why'd you stop me?" Arthur narrowed his eyes on Y/N, who patted his cheek as well as Shinra's few times with a tight lipped smile.

"I've got two main suspects now, we'll talk more once we're back at the dorms." 

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"Aren't those captains the culprits for creating artificial infernals? Is the saint of the round table.. afraid?" Arthur asked, seated on my side while Shinra stood across from us. I had been rather silent since I ran into Rekka and Karim, but I've been plotting- not hiding. 

"No, I'm not." I narrowed my eyes at Arthur, who raised his arms in mock surrender at the look I'd given him, "It would've been stupid to interrogate either of them then and there, they're both company commanders and very strong. The best thing we could've done then and there was observe the situation and do our best to connect the dots, we don't even know what we would've done if the entire first brigade was our enemy.. we are well aware of their capabilities as company commanders, and you know better then to assume I was afraid of anyone." I finished, sitting tall and arms crossed over his chest. The boys had become silent, taking in my little lecture and actually listening for once.