˚₊‧꒰𝐁𝐲𝐞 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝟏𝐬𝐭꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐁𝐲𝐞 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝟏𝐬𝐭

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"The thing we are looking for under the preachers guidance. It is only possessed by the descendants of the sun god, a holy flame that will guide humanity. A pure flame that is without any materials mixed within it." 

Alright.. so Y/N's god complex was justified

"I've been constantly planting sparks within children to find a person compatible, but.. I didn't think I'd find two people here." The starry eyed company commander Rekka looked down right maniacal right now, and both Y/N and Shinra knew he was way too far gone to even be considered a sane human being at this rate.

"Did you say children?" Y/N snapped, standing straight and tall with clenched fists at his sides. Shinra's eyes hardened on Rekka, who seemed not to give one shit about the death toll.

"How many people have you killed?" Shinra pressed on, and it felt as if they already knew the answer.

"That sort of stuff doesn't matter! These are all miniscule sacrifices, all for the sake of me achieving my goal!" 

Y/N and Shinra didn't need anything more from him, jumping into action and heading for him.

Y/N was in the air and Shinra on the ground, attacking from both the front and the back, using their advantage of 2 vs 1 against Rekka.

"Don't make jokes like that!" Shinra shouted, enraged by how deranged Rekka's actions were.

"The both of you are easily irritable, both of your straight forward attacks can't touch me!" Rekka's own fist was encircled with his ow flames, and he punched Shinra in the face and sent him back, turning and round house kicking Y/N in the face.

Y/N slammed into a pillar, his hand touching his cheek, retracting said hand when he felt slight pain.

A bruise..? On his.. his face??

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT, YOU BRUISED MY FUCKING FACE!" Y/N's rage was near tangible, his wings exploding in size and burning hotter then ever before. Both Rekka and Shinra jumped back in alarm and shock, but Rekka only made his arms burning hot in order to fight back. Y/N darted forward, the same high pitched whine from his fight with the captain could be heard then. 

He was behind Rekka within the blink of an eye

Y/N kicked Rekka in the back, sending him flying forward and almost into a wall, when Shinra kicked him in the side at the perfect time. 

The two continued to exchange hits with Rekka, taking some and dishing more out. The Saint and the Devil together, were a force to be reckoned with. 

And today, so happened to be Rekka's reckoning. 

Shinra was able to bounce of basically every surface in the building, Y/N using the same tactic, and Rekka wasn't able to keep up with the both of them. 

Rekka's fire power was as expected of a company commander, but he had no teammate to back him up like Y/N did. Shinra was punched back, and Y/N filled in the space and used his new methods on Rekka. He shoved his hands into his flaming wings and pulled out chains of flame, bounding off a pillar and snagging them around both Rekka's wrists, pulling them back in a way that made both his arms go over his neck. With that, Y/N yanked Rekka toward him, and slammed his feet into the commander's back, sending both of them straight to the ground like a missile.