˚₊‧꒰𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"You have got to be shitting me." 

I grit my teeth as I did my best not to curse in front of these children, including the mothers who were drooling over me as I handed out balloons to the abnormally long line in front of me. Some wanted photos, which I gave with my usual breathtaking smiles that seemed to only draw more people. Shinra was gaping at me when he realized he only had around 2-3 kids near him, even Arthur had a good number of 6-9, I.. on the other hand, I had a whole college campus worth of people in line for me. 

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but around 25 and over 

"Is that the matchbox.." I squinted in the far distance and ignored the girl in front of me confessing her feelings and asking me out, recognizing our companies vehicle anywhere. Oh, they must be here to either pick us up or.. an infernal needs to be put to rest, "Here, take these for me." I basically shoved the balloons into the girl.. what's her name again? No matter, I turned to get Shinra and Arthurs attention. 

"Shinra, Arthur, Y/N! You guy's are in the area!? Who the hell said you could go wander off and sell freaking balloons!? When you idiots get back, I'm going to tan your hides so good you won't be able to stand!" 

Fucking Maki, I'm going to kill her

"No more balloons for us, let's get going so I can beat Maki to a pulp for not covering for us." I grabbed Shinra and flung him in the air so he could activate his power, picking up Arthur bridal style and activating my wings. I winked at a few girls who squealed and took pictures of me, and I flew off with Shinra, the two of us finding the matchbox and flying on either side of it so we could be filled in on the current situation with the infernal.

I connected his story with Mamoru's from earlier from the mentioning of the murder suspect, and we darted ahead to prevent any further casualties that may have happened. 

Me and Arthur are the first to arrive, and I kick him in the face before he can touch his lawyer, grabbing the man as I sent the infernal flying. I let Arthur go, and Shinra joined the fray as well as he registered who exactly was fighting against him. 

"Wait a sec, you boys are special fire brigadiers. A bunch of murderer's playing hero. How nice.." The infernal licks his charred lips, and I nearly gag, "As devious as always.." 

"H-Help.. me.." The voice of a woman cuts through the tension, and I react before the still sane infernal has time to kill her. 

"A piece of shit in death as you were in life, how unsettling." I spat on him with the woman in my arms handing her and the lawyer to Captain Obi so they would be safe from this fight, it was going to get ugly. Maki sent an attack of her own crashing down on him, only for it to have no affect on him whatsoever. The Captain put the two in the matchbox, coming back with the question in everyone's minds.

"What's with this guy!? Why does he still have a sense of self!?" 

"His attachment to life, or his willpower are abnormally strong.. it's not uncommon for it to carry over, but to this degree.. now's when you should be worried." I made sure my hair was ready and that my wings were as well, flaring them out behind me as he realizes just how cornered he really is.

"Ya got me! I give up!" He uses the fire coming from his missing eyes to make mock handcuffs, raising his hands in mock surrender. I scoffed at him, and he snarled at me, not too happy with me spitting on him earlier. He was about to go on a self righteous rant, when both me and Hinawa sent near invisible attacks due to their speed, Hinawa shooting him in the face and myself sending a beam of fire through his side.. I missed.