˚₊‧꒰ 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Iris watched in display at the show of power before her. Watching Hibana fail to defeat Y/N was beyond her, how was this rookie so powerful, was there anything he wasn't good at?

She watched Y/N's eyes laser focused on Hibana's movements, his alluring eyes capturing every flick of her wrist, every scrunch of her face and even the few seconds before she'd inhale and attack. Y/N was breathtaking ethereal on the battlefield as he was every day, Iris would be lying if she said her eyes didn't linger on him when he happened upon her. His wings were the most gorgeous flames she's ever seen, and their glow had only made the boy look more angelic then he already was. They blocked attacks, made him faster on his feet and sent attacks that flew into them right back at the summoner, only much more fast and harder then it originally was.

"You have the chance to be an amazing commander, if you weren't such a bitch." 

He was a potty mouth, and he had a temper. He looked so elegant yet acted so brash.. aggressive, and Iris wondered why. 

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about!" Hibana raged, her attacks were blind as she tried desperately to hit the teen. She was a victim of flame just as much as Y/N was, and when he saw Hibana, he saw someone he could've become. She's so.. insecure, that she's began to believe her own lies. Lies she's forced down her own throat, and lies she keeps deep down within her. 

"You may not believe Sol will be your salvation, so allow me to be that for you, let me knock some sense into you!" Y/N shouted, attempting to use her own technique against her, and doing barely a thing. He squinted and cursed, knowing he had no practice with it. Iris watched in awe, she had seen Hibana falter and her eyes glaze over, he had done it without even knowing.

He was a prodigy, an angel, could his fire truly be the flames of Sol.

"And you call me crazy, you're full of yourself, I don't need salvation!" She shouted, using clematis and surrounding him in it, a whirlwind of flaming flora with Y/N in the center. Iris covered her mouth in shock, praying that Y/N was safe, and when the flora burst apart, the angel himself came forward with only a few burns on him. These burns faded away quickly, his skin seemed to glow, his power seemed to be reaching new heights. 

"For your sake, and the sake of my company.." Y/N began, looking down at his fist, that cocky smirk finding itself at the surface once again. Suddenly, he disappeared, and blew up into a mirage of flaming white feathers. 

"I'll knock you on your ass." 

Both women turned around to see Y/N right behind Hibana, who turned around in an effort to counter his attack, but didn't lift a finger in time. She was punched in the stomach, and sent flying into the ceiling. There were a few beats of silence, and Shinra burst into the room, panting heavily. Y/N knew that his best friend would be late, having got lost on the way here, it was the thought that counts! 

"Holy shit-" Shinra began, gaping when Hibana fell from the ceiling and into the waiting arms of the angel. Iris let out a few breaths she was holding, but she ran over to see if the two of them were alright. Y/N had burns and scratches scattered across his body, ones that he glared at as a model. 

"I almost punched you in the face, but as a fellow work of art, I decided to repay you for avoiding my own." Y/N spoke to Hibana, who was weak and groaning in his arms. He was right, she had avoided his face entirely, and he was still devastatingly gorgeous as always.