˚₊‧꒰𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"I have read over the files.. it say's that the flames without impurity have been found. Y/N L/N and Shinra Kusukabe." The emperor called our names, Shinra jumping and answering back, and I calmly looked over.

"You two have the adolla burst, is that correct?" He asked, and me and Shinra looked at each other from the corner of my eye. I'd do the talking, if I can protect Shinra from physical fights, I can also protect him from embarrassing himself in front of important fire force captain. 

"Yes, at least.. that's what Rekka Hoshimiya told us. What is it, if you don't mind my asking." I answered without as much nerves as Shinra had. And he visibly relaxed beside me.

"Adolla burst is a pure flame without any impurities, it's very rare among third generation ability users.. even more so with those with your more so unique abilities. It is said to be the seed fire used by the sun god during the creation of this planet. It is the original flame." He explained to us, to the both of us. I nodded, knowing full well how my mixed generations are so very unique. I've barely used my second generation powers.. because, it just felt weird when I'd do it. Maybe now, knowing that I had the adolla burst, an unsullied flame.. that explains why. "Did you not see before you came here?" 

I quirked a brow up, indication for him to move on.

"The eternal style generator, Amaterasu. The source flame that provides energy to all of the Tokyo empire.. this flame is the Adolla burst." The emperor's shocked both of us, our eyes widening just a fraction at the news.

"The preacher is looking for the adolla burst. Even though it is a flame of high purity, there are no concrete scientific explanations as to what the difference between it and normal flames is. Might this mean that the preacher has discovered a difference?" Dr. Giovanni of the 3rd spoke up again, gaining Y/N's attention at his 'scientific explanations' shit, "The preacher's targets are brigade members Kusukabe and L/N. Should we increase protection around them?" He asked, and I didn't trust him one bit. Shinra was ready to intervene, but I raised a hand and took the lead again. 

"Worry not, Dr. Giovanni.. we're perfectly capable of protecting ourselves. We're meant to protect others, we're fire soldiers.." I put my hand down, narrowing my eyes on him, "I will protect the both of us, if I have to." I finished, and Shinra didn't argue.. knowing damn well that was my goal from the very beginning of this fire soldier shit.

"There is no need for other brigades to intervene with the eighth brigade's problems. Every brigade should concentrate on searching and tracking the white hoods." Hibana cut in before anyone else could, and I was thankful for her captain's input. I did note, however, how she leaned in and whispered to captain Obi. 

"Brigade member's Kusukabe and L/N's safety will be ensured by the eighth brigade." Captain Obi finalized, and I narrowed my eyes at everyone, daring them to object. 

"Adolla burst is a holy flame chosen by the gods.. you must protect it with utmost care." The emperor smiled at me and Shinra, and I exchanged a tight lipped one of my own in return.

"Understood." 

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"We're back.. It's so tiring wearing clothes that I'm not used to wearing." Captain Obi sighed, happy to rid himself of the tie. I waved at Maki, who welcomed us back with a smile. Shinra walked in from behind me, ad I turned to captain Obi.