Chapter 6: Moods

Nessa Black

It's Monday morning. I am not allowed to hide anymore. Sunday was enough. I spent the whole day in bed, napping and overthinking. Pansy was absent till the late hours of the evening. The excuse: she was studying in the library. But Pansy never studies in the library. She hates that place. When she returned to the dorms she took a shower and then got straight into bed. I exchanged several looks with Bella, but she was also confused about what we should or shouldn't do. Pansy has a, let's say, specific temper. When she is furious, you better not get close to her. Trust me, I've learned it the hard way.

She woke up early this morning and went to the Great Hall before without saying a word.

'I wonder if she's still here', says Bella as we enter the Great Hall.

'She is', I confirm.

Bella rises on her toes and stretches her neck.

'You are so tall, I hate you!', she frowns and beats me with her bookbag.

We start laughing. Today the Great Hall is bursting at the seams compared to Saturday morning. There are students all over the place. Nonetheless, there are exactly two seats left for me and Bella in the section we typically occupy, near the very edge of the Slytherin table.

'Morning', we both say as we sit down. Me next to Bella and she next to Blaise. In front of us are Draco, Pansy, and Theo.

'Good morning, ladies', a wide smile appears on Theo's face.

Draco lifts his head and strikes me with a rushed glance, then takes a big sip from his pumpkin juice. Pansy doesn't bother greeting us. She must be really upset about something, but I genuinely can't figure out what could that be.

'Ew, ew, ew', Theo starts waving his hands in the air.

'Blaise, Bella, why, why? Snogging so early in the morning!?'

I turn left only to see the two lovebirds all over each other. I can't help but laugh. Then suddenly someone bangs their cutlery on the table.

'Yes, I'm like totally fed up with you two', it's Pansy. She has finally lifted her head. Her usually pale cheeks are the reddest I'd ever seen them.

'I'm going to spew from all this lovey-dovey shite', she suddenly returns to the porridge in front of her while the rest of us remain silent not knowing what had just happened.

I can see Draco getting tense in his seat. His hands are clenched in tight fists, the veins on them threatening to pop out. He quickly loosens them and proceeds with his breakfast.

Theo clears his throat and is the first to dare speak again.

'So, have you seen the board? We'll have a visit to Hogsmeade this Saturday.'

I raise my brows in surprise.

'For real? Finally!', I have been waiting for the next visit to Hogsmeade. I adore visiting that place. It's always entertaining at Hogwarts, but right now I need to have a walk somewhere else. I just feel trapped in the castle.

'Yup', Theo nods.

'Would you like to go with me?', he asks.

'Why would you ask her?', Draco suddenly interferes. I hear his voice for the first time this morning.

'Mate', Theo starts laughing. 'You just told me you couldn't come this weekend. Blaise is taking Bella on a date, and Pansy is completely narked.'

'Yeah, sure', Draco gulps and looks away.

'So?', Theo raises his brows waiting for my answer, but I am cut off by Pansy's chuckle.

'What now?', this time Theo's question is meant for her.