Chapter 13: Kiss and consequences

Nessa Black

It is unusually sunny for a November day. I am walking through the hallways of Hogwarts, illuminated by the rays of sunlight coming in through the windows. A second shadow appears slightly behind mine, and suddenly a cold hand grabs mine. I drop my Defense Against The Dark Arts book on the floor, flinching from the sudden touch of someone's skin on mine. I turn around only to see his complacent smile.

'You idiot!', I shout and punch him in the chest.

Then I bend down to lift my book from the ground.

When I start walking towards the classroom, his hand again holds a grip of mine.

'What's your problem?', I cry out and try to release myself from his grasp but I can't.

Draco drags me to the nearest corner, which feels more private than the main corridor. He still holds my wrist. His eyes are fixed on mine, observing my face - my eyes, my lips, my nose. There's something unfamiliar in his gaze. It's daring and exciting.

I shake my head and come to my senses.

'What's your problem, Draco?', I repeat my question.

Still no answer. He is continuing to stare at my face, and my body begins heating up.

'We'll be late for class', I try sounding as desperate as possible.

Draco's glance finally leaves my face. He lowers his head and chuckles. His hand lets go of my wrist.

'Who cares about bloody classes!?', he says and suddenly takes a step closer to me. I flinch and step back, but my back meets the cold surface of the stone wall.

'I care', I simply reply.

Draco leans his right hand on the wall, millimeters away from my head, and stares at my eyes again. I feel as if he's devouring my soul. His gaze is so intense and uncompromising. I suddenly catch myself panting.

He pokes his inner cheek with his tongue and chuckles again.

'Do you know what I care about?', he asks all of a sudden.

I gulp and shake my head.

'You', he smirks and comes even closer, if that's even possible. We're already too close to each other.

I look away. I must be blushing right now. I feel my cheeks burning and my heart rate is through the roof.

'What's up with you this morning?', I ask without glancing at him, but he has other plans.

Draco tilts his head and suddenly his face is literally onto mine. I can feel his breath brushing over my mouth. Merlin's beard, I'll soon lose my mind.

'I'm performing a research', he answers and I'm hit by the strong mint scent I found in my Amortentia once.

This boy is going to be the end of me, I swear.

'A research?', I almost whisper. It feels so awkward to be that close to his face.

'Mhm', he mumbles and suddenly moves back. I feel an immediate wave of relief. My heart still races fast though.

'Can I go now?', my voice cracks in the middle of the sentence and I curse myself in my mind.

Draco licks his lips and a deep sigh leaves his chest.

'You may.'

It all happens too fast for me to process. As I push away from the wall, Draco unexpectedly leans closer, and while I am trying to escape from the trap, his lips end on my forehead.