I found you

My eyes widen, I look at the ground. my hands shake slightly, it had been over a year sense I had last seen them. "when." I look up, letting out a shaky breath. "a week or two." he folds his hands and sets them in front of the file. he lets out a small 'oh' and reaches into his pocket and pulls out an envelope, "there is about 300$ in this envelope, go buy a dress and and some other essentials, its a formal party so something nice please." he husks out, I let out a huff and take the envelope. "ill go out tomorrow."

       there was a small town nearby with a few nice stores, about 13 miles away. I walk out of his office and went to my room and took a shower.
{-the next day-}
I wake up to the sound a loud buzzing, I reach over and press stop on the top of my alarm. I sit up and rub my eyes. I look over at the clock and it's 7:00 o'clock. I thought about the last time I had seen ghost, the intimate moment we had shared before everything went down. Felt my eyes water, a pit in my stomach forming as I took a deep breath. I wondered how he was, did he still think about me?

I stand up from my bed and I let my arms fall limp at my sides, suddenly feeling numb.

I walk over to my closet and pull out some dark green cargo pants and a black tank top with a hoodie. It was going to be a cool day to today so nothing super revealing.

I treaded my way over to the bathroom and look into the reflection, I hadn't looked in a mirror for quite a while due to how self conscious I had felt. Body dysmorphia does some shit to you. I looked over my body. My arms were weighted with muscle, more muscle than I had probably ever had. I looked over my legs, the last time I had seen my legs they were lanky and weak but now they also had more muscle than I had ever had, but they still had the marks of self inflicted scars ridden all over them from the time I had been taken, stolen. And before that. There were some non self inflicted ones, ones I had gotten from Combat. Next was my stomach, I had a little bit of fat over them to keep me warm in the winter. A long scar made it's way from my love handles to right under my chest, I had gotten that one from las almas, when I had gotten stuck in a shop and almost died because of how deep it had gone. I looked over my face, small scars made there way all along my cheek bones and above my eye brows, some of then I had gotten from my brother when I was little. I looked older but that's probably because I am, I'm about 27. Climbing the latter to 30.

I finally looked away from my body and decided to focus on what I wanted to do with my hair, I went with French braids that started at the top my head and made there way down to rest on the tops of my shoulders. I liked French braid, especially when there were a few baby hairs sticking out of my scalp that gave it some character.

I got dressed and made my way out of the depressing room and went to go see if there was a car or truck I could use to make my way to the small town a few miles from here. I found a shiny black SUV and hopped in and started to drive.

The drive there was beautiful, the landscape made me feel calm, peace made its way through my entire body. Giving me serene chills.

I got to the small suburban town, picking a boutique that I fancied. I parked the car a street down, once I got out a gust of wind hit me and once again I felt at peace.

I started to walk down the cracked side walk, looking into the coffee shop that seemed quiet. I passed it and decided to go into it after I picked out my outfit and accessories. Once I got to the boutique I walked in and a sweet cent filled my nose, I walked around for a bit until I saw the perfect dress, a slim fit halter top Black Dress with a loose neck line and a thigh slit that had an open back with a string of diamonds that went to about halfway down my back. It accentuated my curves, it came with almost see through black gloves that came up to my elbow crease. I had found a pair of black velvety heels that had a chunky platform with a strap at the top witch was lined with small gems. I had also found a purse that would fit a small gun and a lipstick.