ONE

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Seattle, the Space Needle, Pike Market Place, the location where the 10 Things I Hate About You movie was filmed. A place Blair Macaspac frequently flew to, done all the touristy things, knew enough of the local gems to. Being a high school teacher had its perks with holiday breaks, spring breaks, one random break in the middle of February, and summer vacations. So, that time off allotted her to book it to see her best friend pretty often, not that he was ever really free when she came.

So, she would explore the city alone. She made friends with his friends.

One of the perks of her new job at Pacific College was their moving incentive. They had paid for her things to be moved, since they had hired her on as winter break was ending and the spring semester was about to begin, as well as covered her first month's rent. 

Granted, the apartment she had gotten was not the best—it didn't have the floors she wanted or the in unit washer dryer—but it was close to work. Her car wouldn't arrive for another few days, so walking around Seattle was not that bad. Within the first few hours of Blair being there, the things she had shipped out a few weeks ago started to arrive in waves.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

By the end of the day, she was exhausted. She had showered after putting her furniture together with the help of the moving crew, and wanted to get most of her unpacking done. The good thing about moving from one small apartment to the next was that she did not have that many material objects anyways, if her book collection did not count as separate items and just one entity. Despite her desire to sleep, she had gotten ready for a long walk.

Her apartment was a good twenty minute walk from the newly renamed Seattle Grace Mercy West, and that meant it was also a good twenty minute walk from Emerald City Bar.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"Wow, knowing that Shepherd's probably making cuts, yet you're cutting out already?" Jackson Avery heard from behind him as he threw his scrub shirt over his head to change into the clean long sleeve in his locker. He grabbed it, beginning to throw that over his head when he looked back at Alex Karev.

"Shepherd hired April back, so as long as I don't screw anything up, I'm not worried about him targeting Mercy Westers in the budget cuts anymore," Jackson shrugged.

A lot of the worry he had earlier that day when Derek Shepherd took over as the interim Chief had already washed away when April came to tell his group of work friends she had been offered her job back to her. He adjusted his shirt at the bottom, smoothing it out as he grabbed his wallet from the locker. 

He checked the time on his phone. Shoot. He told her he would have been there fifteen minutes ago, and she doesn't do well with people not being on time.

As he walked towards the door, he said, "Plus, I have a very important hang out to get to."

He could hear was Alex had said as he left the locker room. "Couldn't get a girl to agree to a date so you have to call it an important hang out!?" he had called after him, but Jackson just snickered and shook his head.