THIRTY THREE

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Blair has been in her head since she woke up from her surgery. Being on bedrest in a city where you have no friends other than your friend's friends, and your family is not talking to you on the other side of the country, you sit there and you think. And you talk to the people who did come see you, like your old high school English teacher.

Blair tried her hardest to bite back her last conversation with Ophelia as she moved from lucky (and crappy) Apartment 13 into Arizona's Unit 502.

"And that's the last of your boxes I'm bringing up. I already helped Jackson bring in your bed frame, now, goodbye," Alex huffed, plopping down the final box he planned to bring from her car up to her brand-used apartment that she would be moving into with Arizona Robbins.

"Aw, what, you're not staying?" Blair teased as Alex started walking down the hall back towards the elevator. "No hugs goodbye, Karev?"

"Goodbye!" he grumbled again, putting a hand up in the air as if that qualified enough as a wave.

"Big ol' softy," Blair chuckled under her breathe as he walked away, bending over to pick up the box from the floor.

Jackson crossed his arms and looked down at her, amused as their little interaction.

"Nope, doctor's orders," Jackson intervened, putting a hand in front of her to stop her. "Leave it there, I'll bring it in after I get your other boxes."

Jackson already had her car keys, having been the one who drove her car for her since she couldn't drive for about six weeks. She still felt an ache in the side of her chest from where Cristina had to crack her open in the middle of an ambulance while threatening her to live.

Jackson reached down and put his hand on Blair's head, ruffling her hair in his fingertips.

"It's a lot longer than you used to keep it," Jackson commented in a whisper, peering down at her with an expression that gave her a warm fuzzy feeling in her abdomen and felt like a slap to the face all at once, as he let his hand ruffle up her hair. "You should cut it to look like a boy again, Pogi."

She'd kill him, she really would, Blair thought to herself. Pogi, Tagalog for "handsome," and Blair's childhood nickname because she looked like a boy when she was younger. Jackson liked to bring it up every now and then.

She squinted her eyes at him and playfully glared, concealing the annoying feeling in the pit of her stomach. Ever since she got out of the hospital, she's been replaying her last conversation—the last fight—she had with Hannah.

"Knock it off, Avery," she whispered out as she smacked his hand away from her head and fixed her frizzy hair.

Reminder to self: this man likes Lexie.