TWENTY ONE

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

i suggest to start playing "hold on" by chord overstreet now.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"...a major Seattle-area shooting... we have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty that's at Pacific College. We now take you live to our on-scene reporter."

Everybody's heart was in their ass as they looked at the news. Lexie was crying into Mark's shoulder, April's hand was over her mouth as sobs racked through her body, and Jackson Avery stood on the staircase holding onto the railing so tight his knuckles looked like they could burst out of his skin. He was clenching his jaw so tight, he thought his teeth just might shatter.

No, no, no! Not this, not again.

Not when that's where Blair is.

Is this how she felt when he was in an active shooting situation? He felt like something was suffocating him, crushing his chest and boiling his blood.

"Students and faculty are still in the building—"

Jackson slammed his hand against the railing, turning away for a second while his nostril's flared. Everyone looked over at him, knowing exactly what was going through his mind.

"I'm trying to get some answers, but we know so far is that a gunman opened fire at Pacific College, and that there are at least a dozen—I'm sorry? Okay, okay, there are at least twenty victims."

Jackson sat down on the staircase, his hands folded in front of him as he used his elbows on his knees to hold himself up.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Cristina Yang followed the sounds of the ambulances to the college even though she was trying to go west towards the Space Needle.

She saw the police presence, the multiple ambulances, and the sign on one of the buildings: HUMANITIES OF THE ARTS—ENGLISH DEPARTMENT. She paused for a second when she reads that, English Department?.