FIVE

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Jackson followed Blair through the faculty building towards her office, both of them carrying a hot coffee in their hands. It was his first time coming with her onto campus, but since he had a few hours before he needed to go to work, they grabbed coffee together, and he wanted to see what her office looked like. She unlocked her office and held the door open for him before entering herself.

He looked around for a moment, the smile that was one his face diminishing. His eyes widened and his lips curled down in a frown, before he looked back at Blair with a titled head.

"Well this was underwhelming considering how much you like to decorate. And you say that the hospital on call rooms lack personality? What's your excuse?" Jackson insulted her office. He went to pull the brown leather chair she had tucked under her desk as if to examine it, before pushing it back in. "Everything is the same color. You've decorated my room better than this."

"It's monochrome, it looks pretty, it makes me feel chill and studious," she defended, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning against the wall next to the door.

"Never say that again," he shook his head in second hand embarrassment.

She had to admit, she had done no decorating since starting to work there over a month ago. All the furniture was already there, she just brought in a few desk and shelf organizers and called it a day.

"Your curtains are also brown, the same brown," he argued, pointing at them. "All of this brown so dull and boring. At least put up a picture or something in here."

She ignored his insult on the aesthetics of her office—which she quite enjoyed honestly—and went to open her curtains. "Look at this view though."

Her office had a nice view of the Pacific Ocean.

"I guess that makes up for a bit of it," he agreed, walking over to stand behind her.

She glanced over her shoulder, being met with straight shoulder before she turned her head up to look at him. He was so tall compared to her, it was almost insulting, the surgeon having a whole eleven inches on her. In her defense, she stopped growing at the age of twelve and he kept growing until they graduated from high school.

"I should head to work. I'll pick you up tonight? Are we getting dinner or are we cooking something at your place?"

It became a given that they spent most of their free evenings together. Her scheduled was set and organized, almost never changing unless she had extra grading to do, so any day Jackson didn't need to be at the hospital for days on end, they would at least have dinner together,

"Uhhh..." she trailed off as she thought about it. Going out didn't seem all that appealing. "Let's make something, but we'll need to stop by the store—oooh! And we can watch a movie, too!"