NINETEEN

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Lexie ran into Jackson's room when she heard him screaming

"Jackson, stop," she tried to wake him, getting closer to his bed and raising her voice. "Stop! Hey, hey, Jackson!"

"What?"

He was thrashing around, his eyes open now but he was obviously not awake.

"Stop, stop," she said, watching as he looked around the room. "I'm sorry, but you need to take something."

Everyone in the sorority house was used to this by now, his nightmares and dazes about Charles. It was one of the main reasons Blair stayed over as often as she did after the shooting.

"Where's Charles?" was his response, looking around still. "Charles, where's Charles?"

"Hey, hey, hey," Lexie tried to get his attention, pull him out of his dream. "Stop!" He stopped moving around once she put a hand on his bed, stopping him from moving around with the pressure she put on his blanket. "It's Lexie, wake up."

He looked at her fully this time, blinking rapidly regaining consciousness and realizing what had happened.

He felt sweaty and embarrassed, his eyes glancing to the air mattress next to his bed and mumbled, "I want Blair."

Louder, with a bit of anger in his voice at the situation, he said, "Time for work,"and started to get out of his bed.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Jackson felt off with how his hand hurt, Hunt kept asking him if he had a cool enough head to handle trauma, and Lexie was staring at him like he was going to break. Hunt even told him to find someone to talk to, adding in a, "if that person can't be me, or Blair, just talk to someone."

It was crazy how integrated she had become into everyone's lives. He never anticipated her becoming close with so many of his colleagues and mentors.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

It was 7PM, Jackson had the night shift, and Blair had a date at Joe's bar.

With Boozy.

She was sitting at the bar drinking the nasty concoctions that Boozy was putting in front of her. When Cristina had texted her saying she had gotten a job at the bar, she wasn't sure why she wasn't more surprised.

Now, she was testing out her different drinks. Blair had a feeling she was going to be a little messed up but the time Cristina was done with her.

Seeing Cristina dressed the way she was, which was very motorcycle gang of her, was the only surprising part.

"I used to ride a motorcycle," Cristina looked offended when Blair said it so didn't look her vibe.

"You did?" Blair asked, her eyes bugging out. "Jackson calls those things donor cycles."

"There's a reason I said used to," Cristina chuckled, placing another drink in front of her. "Lemon drop—I think."

Blair took a sip, definitely lemon-y. She actually really liked it, even if she had given her a salt rim instead of a sugar one. If she was honest, she liked it better with the salt rim.

Joe came back to the front of the bar, trying to show Cristina more things she'd need to know for her job while Blair snacked on her appetizers and enjoyed her little drink.

"Why are you behind the bar?"

Blair peered over her shoulder to see the appalled look on Derek Shepherd's face. He glanced over in her direction when he saw her turn, looking even more confused that she was so casually sitting there with Cristina as if any of this was normal.

"Uh, Owen told me to get a job, so I'm working," she said.

Blair turned around completely, seeing the rest of the attendings walking over also looking pretty surprised. Callie scrunched her face up when she made eye contact with Blair, as if to ask, "what the hell?"

Blair just shrugged at Callie.

"What's everyone drinking?" Cristina asked, putting on her best dressed and eager smile.

She liked observing Cristina, who honestly, mental spiral aside, looked like she was enjoying herself.

"You look like you could use a little of this," Cristina said, placing another drink in front of her.

"And what the hell is this one?" Blair asked.

"I have no clue," the girl said with a fake preppy voice.

Blair just shrugged, taking a sip. It kind of sucked but it was also kind of good? She wasn't sure how she felt.

"Hey," Blair turned around in her barstool seat, seeing a guy standing behind her looking nervous.

"Hi there!" she greeted him, sending him a friendly smile.

"So, I'm sorry if this is forward—" Blair's eyes widened as she spoke, half because she was a bit tipsy and half because she had a feeling he was about to ask for her number.

This didn't happen often. She was kind of excited about it. The guy wasn't even that cute, but do it for the plot, right?

"No," came the voice behind her, and when she turned around, Cristina was aggressively shaking her head.

"No?" Blair repeated, unsure what that meant as she looked between Cristina and the guy.

"Absolutely not," Cristina concluded. "Sorry, she's going to skip on... all of this," Cristina motioned at him with her palm. "Go away."

"Cristina!" Blair called out while the guy said, "Pardon?"

"Dude, you're kinda ugly and she kinda looks like a Filipino goddess," Cristina shrugged. "She has other guys  waaaaay better looking in line so save your time and go home."

The guy looked offended, muttering a, "Bitch," as she walked away, which Cristina just shrugged off and went back to cleaning the counter.

"What was that?!" Blair exclaimed, looking at Cristina like she was crazy. "Are you trying to keep me single?"

"No, you do that just fine by yourself," Cristina rolled her eyes at her. "Now, where we were..." Cristina smirked as she started mixing more liquids together.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

a/n: happy spooky month/filipino american history month. any minor and major inconveniences done to me this month will be considered a h*te crime

this chapter is short and sweet and i love developing my cristina x blair relationship but man i can't wait to get to season 9 because i have so many ideas already outlined but i also don't want to ever leave the era we're currently in (i'm notorious for not killing characters that are canonically dead when writing my fanfics so y'all just guess who i plan to have be alive forever and ever <33)

i can't tell if i want to finally give blair a faceclaim mainly because it's hard to make edits for this book, but i also like that she's just based on me 😩😩

been debating if i should do a bonus chapter/a chapter in general of just that story blair wrote that haley asked her about back in season 6, the one where she asked "is his eyes really that green"

if i were to go live on tiktok while writing would y'all come and talk w me ahaha