FIFTEEN

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Life's emotionally abusive, but there was truly nothing that could stop Jackson quite like Blair did

Life's emotionally abusive, but there was truly nothing that could stop Jackson quite like Blair did. She took his miseries away all day, everyday, any day. Her move to Seattle was probably the best decision that had ever been decided upon in his life. When he felt like he could not fall apart in over his feelings about the hospital shooting around his colleagues, especially with Yang hanging by a thread, at least he could with her.

He could talk about Charlie with her, how he was arrogant at times but a big sweetheart. How his crush on Reed was annoying but beautiful at the same time. He could just sit there and stare at a wall in silence not saying anything with her, just taking in that grief and the flashbacks and the memories.

He hadn't been getting anything right since she got there, though, and he knew it.

He knew that his words stuck with her from their conversations about her and romance, writing about it and experiencing it, he knew that there was some fight going on between her and Hannah that he had no real idea of what happened, he knew that her parents weren't talking to her even though she pretended like there was no issue, and he knew that all the chaos surrounding him and the hospital lately made her put her own feelings on pause.

There was a particular way she conducted herself when she was sad versus when she wasn't. She joked less, spoke softer as if speaking loudly would cause herself to break, she started taking over tasks in order to feel so busy that she didn't have the time to process her emotions. But more importantly, one of the biggest tells was that she stopped writing.

Jackson hadn't heard the clicking of her keyboard in a while, in fact, he noticed pretty quickly into her staying the night at Meredith's pretty often that she forewent her laptop each time she came over.

The Blair he knew always had her laptop, just in case inspiration stroke. Just in case some muse enlightened her.

He waited for her outside of the Emerald City Bar. Meredith, Alex, and April were already inside, ready to drink away their crazy days—he had a patient who had warts all over his body and not enough healthy skin that Sloan could do any skin grafts—and he stood outside of the bar looking at every passing face hoping to see hers soon.

As he waited, though, he took his phone out and composed a message.

"I don't know what happened between you and Blair, and I'm not too sure I even want to know, but I know there's something going on with her, and she needs her friends."

He got a response almost instantly, which surprised Jackson since he knew his godchildren usually kept Hannah busy all hours of the day, plus the time difference between Seattle and Boston.

"Of course something is going on with her, she has no friends out there," the first message Hannah sent back said. "But she's the one ignoring me, so sounds like she doesn't need anyone but you."

"Hey."

When he looked up, Blair was standing in front of him with her best dressed smile, which was curving downwards with her furrowed eyebrows when she saw the tight-knit appearance of his own as he looked at his phone screen.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

I should be asking you that, he thought, but he just smiled and shook his head, putting his phone into his pocket.

"Nothing," he lied, throwing an arm around her shoulder and leading her into the bar towards the booth the others were at, letting his arm fall from her shoulder as they slid in with their friends.

Jackson sat next to Meredith while Blair claimed a spot with April, intertwining an arm with hers excitedly.

A small smile formed on Jackson's face, thinking about Hannah's words. Blair had friends out here, other than him, she had people that really cared about her. He watched her laugh as the table began to tease April about being a virgin, to which Blair defended April against everyone else because there was nothing wrong with it.

Alex then began to tease Blair about being a virgin before Lexie came to sit down on the other side of Meredith with a sigh.

"Okay, so today only one person looked at me like a psycho who might run down the hall naked," Lexie said with exhaustion in her voice. "And Dr. Bailey screamed like a little bitch baby over a spider, so I'm feeling pretty good, you know, for a crazy person."

"Well, nobody gives a crap if you're crazy, we're all crazy," Jackson added.

"Yeah, look at April and Blair, they're still virgins," Alex remarked, chuckling out loud while April and Blair glared at him.

"Well, Mark gives a crap, okay? He stared at me like I'm a menace to myself and everyone around me," Lexie said grumpily, before a light went on in her head about what Alex had just said, her head snapping to the two girls sitting across from her, "Wait, you two are still virgins? What?"

"Stop," April groaned, "Okay? Just stop. I'm a virgin, yes, so what? It's not something I talk about, okay? We all have things we don't talk about. Alex, you've been afraid of the elevator for, like, a month, but I never said anything because it's none of my business."

April then turned to Jackson, "And Jackson, any night Blair doesn't stay at the house, you wake up screaming because you have nightmares, and even on some nights that she is there, you do, but I think we can all agree you scream less when she's there, and it's probably because she is the only thing that is holding you together right now while you pretend you're still Mr. Perfectly Fine, but you're not fine."

Blair stared at Jackson across the table, trying to catch his eyes. Instead, he just stared down at his drink with pierced lips. He could feel her eyes, piercing into him with her compassion and empathy and sympathy and love. With her worry and grief.

"And Meredith, you don't talk about Cristina because you're afraid she's never gonna be the same Cristina again, and Lexie," she laughed softly. "For God's sake, Mark never thought you were a psycho. He loves you. That's why he stares at you, because he can't keep his eyes off the woman he loves. Of course, he's never gonna say anything 'cause he doesn't feel like he can—"

Long story short, April pretty much ripped them all apart that night, and Blair just chuckled to herself that she got to watch. When she was done with her rant, Blair clanked her cup with hers, the two of them throwing back a shot together while the others stared at them with sad, puppy dog eyes.

"Oh April," Meredith said, a smile on her face. "I'm liking you more and more."

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

a/n:

a short chapter but hey, we got to see things from jackson's third person pov, that's crazy.