THIRTY ONE

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"Why, just... why?" Jackson seemed exhausted and honestly flabbergasted as he came into Blair's hospital room. He was holding a milkshake in one hand and had his arms up in an 'are you kidding me' way.

Blair stared back at him innocently, smiling at him from her hospital bed. He marched over and all but snatched her coffee cup from her hand and glared over at Ophelia.

"Stop it," he scolded Ophelia, which only made their former teacher laugh.

"Ooo, scary," Ophelia taunted him.

Jackson rolled his eyes and took a sip of the coffee. Blair groaned as he drank her coffee right in front of her, and he felt a little bad when he realized what it was. It was a caramel brûlée latte, her favorite. He sighed and placed the chocolate milkshake he had gotten her in her hand instead.

"We have to limit your caffeine in take still," Jackson reminded her, stroking her head. "Caffeine can pull fluid out of your body."

"So you hate me and want me to suffer more than I already am?" Blair responded sassily, but she took a sip of the milkshake through the straw anyways. It wasn't her coffee, but it wasn't bad. She liked chocolate milkshakes quite a bit. "I got shot, and now I'm being deprived of joy."

Jackson just snickered and walked away, making a point to take another long sip of the coffee Ophelia had snuck in for her, before going back to his surgeries. Blair stuck her tongue out at him.

Ophelia and Catherine decided to stay in town until at least after Blair was able to get released. In that time, Catherine had been running around wrecking havoc—erm... helping out at the hospital. She got rights granted to her. If the woman who could easily be named the world's best urologist was going to be in town, she might as well also save lives.

Ophelia one the other hand, spent her days sitting in Blair's hospital room trying to overanalyze some of the people who came into her room like they were characters in a book. Her analyses seemed super biased, though, since most of them resulted in: has a crush on Blair.

She believed Professor Declan O'Brien had a crush on Blair. Ophelia's reasoning? The homemade cookies to the softness in his eyes when he looked at her. There was also the way he and Jackson both tend to send each other the fakest of smiles when they saw one another—Ophelia saw right through it. She always thought Alex Karev may have a tiny crush on Blair, but she couldn't tell if it was really that the grumpy looking surgeon liked Blair or if he just couldn't separate finding someone hot from having feelings for them. Her reasoning for Alex? She had none, just a feeling.

"It's in my gut," Ophelia had said. "And my gut is almost never wrong. Except when it is wrong, it's usually extremely wrong."

Blair just laughed. "Why do you always think people have crushes on me?"