THIRTEEN

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Declan stood outside of what Blair had been calling the Sorority House, peering inside at all of the people through the see-through front door. That just had to be a safety hazard, right? How can one ignore the other person on the other side of the door when you can see them right there?  There was a lot of people in there, people he didn't know, people he watched Blair fall down a flight of stairs to get to.

And he had to meet them all, now, at a freaking wedding. With love in the air, stress factors high, and everyone wearing their best dressed smiles. If there was anything he was good at, it was dressing his smiles.

The Irishman took in a deep breathe, fixing the sleeve of his button up even though it was already as perfect as a sleeve could be, and grabbed the handle.

As he walked in, he asked the first person he saw, "Do you know where Blair Macaspac is?"

Declan gulped when the man he had stopped gave him the oddest of glances, looking from his feet up. One end of of his lips curled up, as if he were sizing him up. He  He didn't even know people actually did stuff like that in real life, and then the man scoffed.

He freaking scoffed. The guy freaking scoffed. "Do I look like the keeper of that Walking Talking Library?"

Declan squinted his eyes at him, unsure how to read that reaction. He had no idea what he was in for.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Blair always thought that the craziest part about her move to Seattle from Boston would be the actual move itself—picking her entire life up from its very rooted place and settling somewhere else. The scary part was always leaving her old life behind, having to make a new one for herself.

In all of the scenarios she imagined for herself, becoming so close knit with Jackson's co-workers was not in one of them. She didn't think these people would matter so much to her, but there she was, scrambling around the Sorority House with Meredith Grey attempting to make sure a freaking wedding went smoothly. 

Blair walked into the kitchen, her heels clicking on the floor as she looked around for Lexie, not bothering to check her phone or the time. As much as she refused to admit it, she couldn't help but worry about Lexie when they weren't together. 

"It's working for you," Blair heard Alex's voice, softer than usual and even a tad bit sincere. She paused outside the entryway to the kitchen, staying hidden by the wall. She was unsure who he was talking to and what she would be walking into if she continued on her way. "For whatever its worth."

The pause was filled with the sound of a drink being poured, before being followed with, "You think you are so badass 'cause you lived," there was humor in Lexie's voice, but not the funny kind, then, her words cut. "I'm the reason you lived. And while you were dying, you were crying out for the wife who left you."