Chapter 3

His throat was on fire.

That was his first thought when he waded through the muddy water of sleep towards something akin to consciousness. Actually, now that he thought about it, taking a moment to just breathe and let all his senses return, everything hurt like hell. From the sharp stinging spasm in his chest every time he just so much as breathed to the dull, throbbing ache in his wrist to the light itch on his temple up to the barely noticeable ache in his head. His body felt like having been run over and if he could he'd have let out a string of curses, but alias his chapped lips wouldn't utter a single sound other than a pathetic croak.

Cautiously, he opened one eye, squeezing the other shut to inspect his surroundings through the haziness. Light illuminated whatever room he was in, burning his sensitive eyes and the man groaned, pushing his head into a pillow.

"Turn off the goddamn light, I'm begging you!" he murmured, not quite sure who he was talking to.

Everything hurt and he wanted to go back to sleep, a wishful dreaming that the next time he woke the pain would be gone in his mind.

It wasn't like he had any reasons to get up, right? There were no responsibilities he could remember so surely it wouldn't be too bad if he slept a little longer. His alarm hadn't rung yet so he

Just as he slipped back into the warm, welcoming darkness a door was pushed open and the entering person gasped audible, reaching his bed with quick steps.

Mourning the loss of peaceful rest, he opened his eyes again to the face of a stranger. Frowning slightly, he slowly scooched up a little bit so that he was at least sitting instead of laying in front of the unknown man.

What was that person even doing in his room?

"Gaon-ssi! You're awake!"

Confused, he merely stared at the dark-haired man, his hands clutching the thin blanket wrapped around his body.

When he tried to politely ask the other man to get the hell out of his room only a croak left his lips, and he was immediately reminded of that burning ache. Unsurely, he wetted his lips, eyes never leaving the other man. He was wearing an expensive looking black suit, though the matching jacket was missing, and the sleeves of his white dress shirt were rolled up. The man looked like a businessman or something so what the hell was he doing here?

"Oh, of course. Wait a second, I'll get you a glass of water and tell the nurses you're awake. Yohan-ssi will be so relieved when he gets here," exclaimed the stranger, which he decided to name Tie-guy because calling him stranger in his head was just getting confusing, getting up hurriedly.

Honestly, all of Tie-guy's words had only caused him more confusion as nothing made any sense. But it led him to finally look around his room closer, realising that this wasn't his room after all. In fact, he was pretty sure it was a hospital room and the tubes in his hand leading up to a beeping monitor were meant to measure his heart rate or something. And well, it was not every day you found yourself in a hospital room without remembering ever getting there so he was allowed to panic a little bit.

His eyes wandered from the strange monitors through the bare room, noticing the beige couch and small coffee table with a pretty flower at the other side with rising apprehension. A small blanket lay crumpled over the couch rest, leading him to assume that tie-guy had slept there for a while. Which was... awkward to say the least.

A cold, uncomfortable feeling settled in his chest as he stared transfixed at the couch. He wasn't quite sure what it was but the thought of a stranger watching him sleep made him deeply restless. In fact, the longer he was awake and looked through the room the more restless and skittish he became.