Chapter 11

"Can we leave?" whispered Gaon, pressing a duffel bag to his chest as he looked through the house warily.

Yohan had told him to pack the things he'd need while he was keeping watch in case any reporters or colleagues came here unexpectedly. It had felt weird to go through his stuff and not being able to remember whether he'd liked them or not. In the end, he had simply thrown as many clothes as possible into the bag.

His hand had shaken when he'd brushed over an elegant red and black robe. Even now, he couldn't shake the captivating feeling as his eyes slid towards it. The fabric looked expensive and was soft against his skin, it didn't fit at all into the rest of the clothing in his wardrobe.

A man stood a slightly in front of him, a white robe with black and golden coat wrapped around his lean body. He seemed to breathe power just as easily as air and Gaon knew instinctively this man would change the world. He looked like a fallen angel, dark hair slicked back and styled into perfection, robes a brilliant white in contrast to black and gold. Gaon could only see his back, strong muscles tight beneath the fabric, but even so the sight was mesmerizing.

The brunet glanced to the side, noticing a brunette woman clad in the same scarlet coat over a black robe as himself, a proud smile on her lips.

"Dear citizens! Now, the live court show begins."

Thundering applause followed, cheers and praises swamping the three judges in the centre, though most were undoubtedly for the star in the middle.

Biting his lip, he looked away and at Yohan. Gaon was pretty sure the man in his memory had been him, so they seemed to have truly worked together. Even so the short memory had brought up new questions. What was the live court show any way?

Whatever it was, he had felt unexplainable pride in that moment as well as the wondrous believe that the man in the centre was untouchable, born to be on the stage.

"Gaon-ah?"

Yohan was looking back at him, suddenly standing only a step in front of him, concern etched into his face.

"I'm fine," he assured quickly, warming at the continued proof that he was cared for.

He didn't think he could ever tire of being at the end of dark eyes so deep they were enchanting. Eyes that drew him in, wrapped him up, and left him wanting for more. Eyes he could fall in love with and potentially already had.

"I don't want to stay here any longer, please."

This building felt suffocating the longer they stayed in there, and he wondered if this had truly been his home. Rationally he knew it was, the photograph on the bedside table was undoubtedly of him and likely his parents, but he couldn't for the life of him remember having stayed in there.

"Of course, we can always come back if you need something else."

The thought of returning left him frowning, lips pulled into a tight line.

"Or we can just buy it new," Yohan added, seemingly able to read his thoughts.

It was always amazing how the elder seemed to know just what Gaon needed in that moment.

"Hm," he hummed softly, reaching for Yohan's hand again, smiling relieved when the other took it wordlessly.

"Are you feeling well enough to take a short walk through the city?" Yohan asked as he led them both outside and down the staircase, past the shattered pots, almost as if taking Gaon away from the scary void and into a better future.

Carefully, Gaon considered the question. On one hand, he wanted nothing more than to return to the mansion and persuade Yohan to cuddle again - it was his new addiction, the feeling of another living breathing human being crushed against his chest, the mesmerizing moment when they'd open their eyes to gaze sleep drunken at him, hair an adorable mess; he wanted it all again and so much more. On the other hand, taking a short stroll might wake other memories.