The Next Monster

In the dark streets of Kuoh, above their houses, a shadow looms. A hideous being with a semi-human face.

He sucks in the air through his nose, trying to feel something.

"Where the hell is this damn wizard? One second and he's gone like that." With a snarl, the being descends into a dimly lit alley where he first spotted the human.

Even though it has a human face, the monster is anything but, its body is curved and filled with what appear to be bits of fur.

His hands had huge claws, comparable to those of a bear. And behind his body, two bat wings flap in the air.

The being walks down the alley, still trying to feel something.

"GRR, damn wizards and their tricks-"

Directly behind the monster, a person fell from the roof of a house,

And before the being could do anything, the person attacked.

*SLASH*

The demon screams in pain!

Both of its wings were damaged.

"YOU FUCKIN-

In a spasm of hatred, the demon quickly turns around while using one of its claws to try to hit the enemy.

The enemy, who is a young boy, easily dodges and with quick footwork, he easily gets close to the demon.

Without much trouble, he lands an accurate High Kick on the side of the monster's face.

The kick is strong enough to make the monster stagger and nearly fall.

The being has his back to the alley wall, he quickly tries to regain his consciousness,

However, it was already too late.

When the demon looks back at the boy, his Knee was already in his face.

*CRUNCH*

The Knee strike partially crushes the enemy's head into the wall.

And then the demon lies still, no doubt unconscious or even dead.

Our protagonist, just goes along, going to get his backpack a little ahead, hiding his knife in it.

He is no fool, over the years he has noticed that there are people in this town who also fight monsters. And they always end up cleaning up Nathan's mess.

With that resolved, the boy moves on, he better go home. After all, his father must already be a little worried.

[Some minutes later]

Nathan is now in his bathroom, facing the mirror.

In front of him was a boy of about 176 cm. A great height for someone his age. His skin is lightly tanned, just like his late mother's, and his eyes are honey-colored just like his father's. His hair is short and brown.

His exercises over the years have accomplished a lot. The body of someone who has been fighting for a few years.

*Sigh*

So many years passed, and nothing happened.

At least in supernatural matters.

Not that it's that important. During the years Nathan learned many things, many new feelings, and experiences. Many friends were made, and even some enemies were made.

The only changes would be to his body, which continues to get stronger and faster. Nowadays Nathan already needs to be careful to not end up killing a normal human.