Riser the Blondie

[Shortly afterward, still at the beginning of May]

At the moment, Nathan goes to the student council. Listening to his girlfriend's advice...

He needs to at least look for basic information about his possible opponent. Phenex Riser.

It's not just about him, but also about the strange political world of the Devils. And there's no one better to teach him about this than Sona, the smartest Devil he knows.

He arrives at the Council door and knocks on it, receiving confirmation from someone inside to enter. It's already late afternoon at the moment. Practically at night, only the student council is at school... And Sona is always the last to leave.

The boy opens the door and quickly sees Sona and Tsubaki, the two leaning against the main table in the large room. They look at him curiously

The boy nods to them,

"Sona, Tsubaki. I'm sorry if I interrupted you two."

Sona just smiled slightly at the boy, shaking her head.

"No problem Nathan, it's just surprising you came here to the county." She says, and Tsubaki nods in agreement.

The boy shrugs,

"Fair. But I'm here for work." He says smirking. "I wanted to know if I can use your infinite collection of books... Akeno's words and not mine."

The girl rolls her eyes,

"Infinite is a huge exaggeration... It's just really big, and yes Nathan you can, what kind of book are you looking for?" She responds and leaves the table, guiding the boy to the large bookshelf that covers the left wall of the entire room.

Nathan looks at the large amount of books and just responds.

"Basic history and politics of you guy's hell. More specifically from the Phenex clan" He says and looks sideways at Sona.

Sona promptly freezes, and Tsubaki more to the side looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

The noble Devil snaps out of her daze and sighs, crossing her arms.

"I see. Then Rias' situation reached your ears. Did she at least tell you herself?" Sona says seriously.

Nathan nods,

"Yes... I have to admit that this whole situation bothers me, but it doesn't surprise me." He says, putting his hands in his pockets.

Tsubaki joins the conversation.

"What do you mean by that Narumi-san?" She asks curiously, as does Sona who looks into his eyes as if looking for something specific in the boy's dark red eyes.

He turns to her,

"I have observed that your society appears to have stagnated. It seems that most factions are standing still in time, only considering traditions and not open to change, which could lead to the eventual downfall of your people."

Sona frowns and opens her mouth to refute him... But then sighs again.

"In part, yes, you are right. But we've been much worse as a faction in the past, we're not as relaxed as the fallen or as strict as the angels. But you're not entirely wrong."

He nodded, understanding her point.

Sona then pulls Nathan away from the shelf. And pick up three books.

She hands them to the boy and then goes to her table.

"These three books contain everything you need to know. About not only the Phenex but also about the various hell clans." She says and opens a drawer in her desk.