The Fallen

[A few days later.]

Yesterday was my father's funeral.

And I still can't believe it. It's like I'm still dreaming.

In a few days, I'll be moving out

I'll be living with the Hyoudous. Mr. and Mrs. Hyoudo have been extremely good to me all my life, and Mr. Gorou was my father's friend since childhood.

It took quite a while for me to convince them that I was fine, they even suggested that Issei could stay at my house for a few days so that I wouldn't be alone.

But I refused. Being alone was what I needed most at that moment.

I needed to be alone. To think about everything, about how life will be from now on, about the supernatural in general.

'What you need is to stop whining and go train. I want to see how the magic of this world interferes with my techniques.'

And there's also the "curse on my head" part.

"You know well that in a few days, I'm going to go talk to Rias and Sona. Stop bugging me about going to train."

I look up, seeing the rain clouds forming.

At the moment I'm going to the nearest grocery store to buy an ice cream or anything sweet

As I walk through the streets I see that the school's students are already going home, at this time the students have already finished their classes.

"Nathan!"

And speaking of which,

looking back I notice Issei running towards me.

He already arrives offering me a fist bump, and I return it.

"Hi Issei, I see that your class is over." I say and we walk again,

"Of course, otherwise I wouldn't be here," he says with a smile, and before I can reply back, he starts talking again. "Nathan my friend, my brother... you won't believe what just happened to me after class."

If it's about some pretty girl again, I'm going to punch him.

*Sigh*

"A girl asked me out!"

...Huh

"A girl asked you out... does she know you by any chance?" I say with a deadpan in my face. Either this girl is a little crazy or she's a pervert like him.

My friend makes a face of indignation.

"OI! I'm not that bad!"

I chuckle at my friend's face,

"Jokes aside, congratulations brother. Please be a gentleman on your date, and try not to scare her too quickly."

Issei grins and gives me a side hug.

"Thanks, Nathan, That's why you are my favorite delinquent, O' great Tyrant."

A vein stands out on my forehead. Since that day, my hair has turned white, and now besides Tyrant, people who see me on the street call me a delinquent.

Damn teenagers,

We walked a little further and arrived at the market.

"Well, I'll stop here, see you later." I say goodbye, but before we part, Issei pulls the sleeve of the jacket I'm wearing,

I turn, and raise my eyebrow, as if asking something with my eyes.

The boy then starts talking, his look tells me he's slightly worried.