The Orochi

[A few minutes earlier, ???? POV]

Hmm...

'I have to admit that I didn't imagine it would get to this point. Much less that this dainty boy would be so strong. No, he's not "strong" At least not physically, however, his spirit is a whole nother matter.'

The man thinks as he watches the boy he is "fighting" against.

Opposite him is the boy. Hyoudou Issei.

His casual clothes are torn, and some parts of his body have ice on them.

He is clearly bruised... His right arm, broken lying at his side, and several of the parts of his clothing that are torn, underneath, show cuts in the skin with light bleeding.

Issei's supercilium appears to have opened, causing a lot of blood to fall into his eyes.

However, his face remained 100% focused and his jaw gritted.

Along with his raised gauntlet, guarding his friend.

Further behind him, I can still see the unconscious girl.

'I did the right thing by putting her to sleep, her healing would make this whole little test boring.'

"You're a great surprise kid, it's hard to find a former human as full of grit as you." I say, smiling slightly at the boy.

Issei just stares at him, his back still to Asia Argento, his eyes still focused on the golden-eyed man.

The man then continues, his face becoming almost apologetic,

"It's a shame that our paths are contraries at the moment, don't take it personally-"

"...shut up."

oho~

The man raises his eyebrow

And then listens to the boy.

[Issei's POV]

Issei can feel his legs shaking, his head spinning.

But he has to keep standing... He MUST keep trying to protect Asia.

His enemy came out of nowhere. And he easily put Asia to sleep with some kind of powder, before the two could do anything.

And then proceeded to play with Issei.

The boy is not an idiot, he can see when someone is not taking a fight seriously.

At this point in his life, Issei has been nothing more than a burden... If it weren't for the people in his life at this point, he would be absolutely nothing.

The speech of a certain friend echoes through his head. A conversation he had while the two were training... Or rather, beating the shit out of each other...

"You don't need to get strong to simply repay me Issei. I didn't help you or even befriend you wanting something back you know-

Even with his blood running down his face, the new Red Dragon Emperor smiled.

And the Boosted Gear jewel then glowed bright green.

"-Instead, be strong so you can help someone else like I helped you. Pass the good deed forward." Nathan's voice echoes through his head.

And then,

Another voice resounds in his mind,

Something he only heard in dreams,