2 - The world has turned against me

"Hinata-senpai! I did my jump-float serve!" One of the new first years, Ohito Jun(time to make ocs~<3) said. "Yeah?! So cool Ohito-kun!" Shoyou said, high-five-ing the taller, but younger boy. 

"Hinata-san, you're late you know" the New first-year manager, Nao Umeko said, continuing to write smoothly on her notepad. "Ah, sorry Umeko, the teacher kept me in," Shoyou said. "Well, I suppose I cannot blame you for that, however, please come a bit earlier Hinata-san," she said. Despite her being shorter and quieter than Shoyou, she still could send chills down the tangerine's back.

"Scary!" he mumbled, before bringing his hand to his head and saluting, "Y-Yes mam!"

Umeko nodded and walked off, talking with some of the other first and second years. Shoyou got poked in the shoulder. "Ne, Hinata," Yachi said, making the taller turn his head. "Ya-chan!" he yelled, hugging the shorter in his embrace. "So..umm can I tell you something?" she asked. "Hm? Something bothering you?" he asked in return, worried for his friend.

"Well....I realized that um....your smell...." she mumbled. Shoyou tightened his fists, "Ah, don't worry about it, I have my suppressants" he said, smiling at her. "I see! Well, then.." she was about to say something when she got called over by Ukai. "Ah, sorry, I'll tell you later!" she said, running off to Ukai.

Shoyou watched the ground, fuck, he can't be upset over his fucking heat. 

"Ne, I'm gonna go to the toilet" he announced and walked off to the toilet. Just as he was about to enter the toilet, however, Yamaguchi, their captain, stopped him. "Hinata, you okay?" he asked, they've been friends for quite a while now, from the start of the first year. Kei, Tobio, Tadashi, Shoyou, and Hitoka have been the best of friends.

"Yeah, I'm good, just uhh....thinking" He mumbled, "Really though, trust me, I'm good!" he said, reassuring his friend. "Yeah, great okay, I was just worried man" he said. Hinata chuckled, "You're always worried"

Tadashi blushed, "A-Am I now..?" he asked, "God I sound like a mom now"

"Yeah! Mama Yama...guchi..." Hinata grabbed his stomach, "Oh cheesecake...." he mumbled. Tightening his grasp, as he worried Yamaguchi more. "Hinata, you don't look so go-" he stopped when Shoyou's scent hit him, and everyone turned their way. Tadashi and Shoyou's scents mixed, which meant...they were..

The door smacked open and revealed a Kageyama Tobio, who was shocked by the tension in the room and even more shocked when he felt like he was losing control of his alpha. "Holy-shit..what the fuck..." he said, his vision becoming blurry, which meant his eyes were glowing and his alpha was partially in control. He realized his scent mixed with Shoyou's and Tadashi's.

Damn, it was such a good scent.

The first scent he noticed was Shoyou's. Being an omega in his heat, it was the strongest.

Shoyou's scent was like a sunflower garden. It was a calm, subtle smell, they smelled like Natural Resins. Floral scents of musky, sweet, putrid sunflowers could possibly attract anything. 

The next one he noticed however, was the beta, Tadashi's scent. Despite being a beta, his scent was really strong right now, which meant Yamaguchi was another one of Kageyama's mates. Two mates?

Tadashi's scent was like cinnamon. Peppery, Vanilla-like, warm, woody, he really did smell like cinnamon rolls. He smelled like caramelized sugar, fragrant and aromatic.

But Tobio was able to sniff out another smell....

"Kindly, highness, move out of the-" Kei stopped talking when his eyes grew hazier. Why was he losing control..? He got his answer the second he entered the doorway with Tobio.

Tobio finally found out whose scent that distant one was. 

It was Kei's.

Kei's scent was plain old cool night air, wet grass and all. He carried the smell of a forest in the night, Earthy, Woody, herbal aromas and all. He smelled like sandalwood, pine, cedar, fig, agarwood, just a mixture of forest, nighty smells.

What the hell was going on?

Kei realized immediately that the first smell that hit him was Tadashi's.

Then, he realized that the next scent that hit him was Shoyou's

And then lastly...

Tobio's scent....

Tobio's scent smelled like Ocean. It was stale, sulphury, the salty odor of the sea. There was a slight coconut smell too, to resemble the coconut palm trees.

The whole gym was in pure silence.

"Uhh...guys..." Hitoka mumbled. Amongst every beta, or even alpha, Hitoka had the best sense of smell. So, determining mates was always her job, not that she was made for it or forced into it. She just had a strong sense of smell.

The whole gym looked at her except the four third years, who tended to be staring at each other. Tobio and Kei's eyes glowed, however, which meant their alpha was partially in control but something still held them back from pouncing on their omega if you say now. 

"All four of you are mates..." she mumbled. Gasps and whispers filled the room. 

Shoyou gulped, looking at Hitoka. "What?" he asked, more in a demanding tone as his tone sounded like he wished Hitoka was kidding.

Hitoka nodded, "You four are...mates" she determined.

Fuck.

No way.

No cheese cutter, carrot slicer, egg fryer, cake baker way.

There's no way they're all mates.