The Shortcut

.....................................................

Skyie POV

As I pulled Diego to the snow I watched as he walked onto the snow. I got so lost in just watching him walk that he noticed that I was starting. I turned to look at and mentally slapped myself for acting this was.

'Get a grip girl!! These feelings of imagination can't become reality. He is a Saber. Your......... this.'

I sighed at my thoughts as I realized that they were right. I push my feelings aside and started to look for Sid and Junior. The moment I spot Sid with Junior in his arms, I did the exact same thing I did after I got Manny on the snow, except I shifted so I could bend down more to get more speed. I make my way to Sid to see him start to wobble; suddenly, there's a crash, and Junior comes sliding to me. I picks him up without falling and slides to the other mammals, excluding Sid.

"Hey, Sid.", I answered.

"Hi Skyie" He replied through a groan of pain.

I make my way onto the snow and in between Diego and Manny. I put Junior on my hip and sit, waiting on Sid to hurry up. While we were waiting I started to play with Junior.

I would take his hands and put them in the air and then I would start tickling his sides. He would always try to move away while giggling and squealing. I could feel the looks I got from Manny and Diego but before they could even get a word out Sid finally came and start walking. So me, Manny, Diego, and Sid continued our journey.

............Time Skip.....................

"You're lost, aren't ya?", asked Manny as we came across a squirrel who is burying his acorn.

"No. I know exactly where I'm going.", stated Diego.

Manny then turned towards me.

"Oh, don't look at me. I stopped tracking."

"Why?", questioned Manny.

"Because after what happened this morning, Sid's sent is still in my nose. I can barely smell anything else ."

I said and glanced at Sid with a death glare.

"Ask him for directions.", demanded Manny.

"I don't need directions!", stated Diego.

"Fine, I'll ask him.", I stated.

"Hey, buddy! Have you seen any humans come around here?"

The squirrel started moving around and I gave it 'the confusion' face.

"Oh, I love this game! I love it! Let's see... 3 words.", said Sid while squirrel pointed three fingers.

"The first word.", the squirrel stomped his foot.

"Uh, stomp!" the squirrel then started angrily jumping.

"No, no! Stamp, stamp, stamp!"

"Let me try.", said Manny, and I got out of the way and stood beside Diego. The squirrel puts his acorn over his back.

"Uh... pack!"

"Good one, Manny!", praised Sid while the squirrel showed fangs.

Third POV

"Pack of... long teeth and claws.", guessed Sid while Diego looked at his claws.

"Pack of... wolves, pack of...? Pack of bears? Pack of fleas!?", both of them started guessing. The squirrel then angrily pointed at Diego.

"Pack of whiskers? Pack of... noses? Pachyderm... Pack of lies, pack of troubles, pack of wallop...?! ...Pack of birds, pack of flying fish...!"

Diego then flicks the squirrel, sending him flying. We then continued our journey in search of the humans. Sid, once again acting mischievous, put Roshan on a rock and picked up a snowball. He threw it to Manny, who got irritated and swiftly turned around. This time, however, Roshan pointed towards Sid. Sid got nervous and worried about what Manny might do, before seeing a snowball fall from thesky.

It landed right on him, burying most of his body in the snow. Roshan laughed at Sid's misfortune while Manny, while irritated with Sid again, couldn't help but give a slight smile at him.

Skyie's POV

Though it seems fate wants to test me cause a blizzard hit us. It was freezing but we kept on going, unwilling to stop. Diego led us through the blizzard, getting some ice on his saber teeth. I had ice and snow in my hair and on my clothes. Manfred on the other hand had icicles growing on his tusks while he had Roshan ride on his back. Sid had icicleson his nostrils as he shivered in the freezing cold.

Further into the journey, Diego walked a distance from us looking for where to travel next.

"Hey! Great news. I found a shortcut.", said Diego.

"What do you mean, shortcut?", I asked.

"I mean faster than the long way around.", explained Diego.

"I know what a shortcut is!", I stated.

"Look, either we slip through there and beat the humans to Glacier Pass, or we take a long way and miss them", as Diego said that, I and Manny glanced at the cave.

"Through there? What do you take me for?", questioned Manny.

"This time tomorrow, you could be a free mammoth. Or a nanny. I never get tired of peekaboo.", stated Diego, a small smirk creeping up his face.

"Hey, guys, guys, check this out.", said Sid putting two icicles on his neck, looking like it was stabbed right through.

" Sid, the tiger found a shortcut.", said Manny, and Sid looked between me and Diego.

Sid then glanced at the cave. "No thanks. I choose life."

"Then I suggest you take the shortcut.", threatened Diego.

"Are you threatening me?", asked Sid. "MOVE SLOTH!"

That idiot. He just caused a freakin avalanche!

"Quick, inside!", demanded Manny and all of us started running into the cave and I didn't have the opportunity to voice my own reasons and suspicions about this "shortcut" of Diego's. The ice shelf above us started to fall at incredible speed. As we ran into the cave, the entrance was blocked with all the blocks of ice. Though the icicles above us started to crumble again and everybody held their breath, though, thankfully, they stopped moving and didn't fall off this time.

"Okay,", I said and the males glanced at me. "I vote shortcut."

I picked up Junior and started walking deeper into the cave with the boys right behind me, hoping this wouldn't be a problem.

***************************************

Have a lovely day/night 🐉