This Is A Herd

Diego's P.O.V *****

We left.
We left.
I left.
I left her.
I left Skyie.
She forgives me.
How?

The last thing she said was that she forgives me; her eyes fell and nothing we did got her to open her eyes again. I remember how I gave her a soft lick on the forehead and followed Manny and Sid.

All of us walked in silence, even Ro- Junior. He was pressing his face in to Manny's fur as he silently cried the loss of his cousin.

Soon we reached glaciers Pass we looked around, then we heard sounds of wolves, howling grunts and heavy feet, running towards us. A familiar looking human male appeared and he pointed his spears at us. Manny raised his trunk to take the kid from his back but the male that looked familiar pointed his spear at him. Manny then grabbed the spear and threw it on the ground. Manny then grabbed Junior and pulled him from his back to show the male. The human male looked shocked and turn to stop the other humans that were charging towards us.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Sid faint.
Manny finally put Junior on the ground to show that he learned to walk. The baby walked straight into his father's arms. As we were about to walk away, we heard soft crying. We turned around to see the baby walked to us and Sid picked him up.

"Don't forget about us. OK?", asked Sid and then passed him to me.

"I'll - uh, we'll miss ya' kid." I said with an awkward smile, but really I will miss the kid. Even if how we meet wasn't in good graces, he helped me met Manny and Sid and, and Skyie.

My feeling of sadness was interrupted by the kid hugging me. I looked at Sid and Manny for help but they both looked amused.

I gently nudged him to Manny to take; He picks the kid up with his trunk and brings him up to his face for a hug.

"We won't forget about you.", said Manny. Junior smiled and hugs Manny back before he was returned back to his father.

The baby's father takes a necklace from around his neck that I remember belonged to Skyie's Aunt and gives the necklace to Manny. The humans then take their leave and leave us, watching them. Junior looked past his father's shoulder and wawed at us.

"Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye.", started Sid as I stayed sitting in the same place.

"Sid...", started Manny.

"Bye. Bye.", continued Sid, Junior then started to do the peek-a-boo thing I did.

"That's right. Where's the baby?"

"Come on, Sid, let's head south.", said Manny, though he made no attempt to leave.

"Bye.", Sid ignored Manny and continued, I sighed.

"Save your breath, Sid. You know humans can't talk.", I stated, still watching the humans leave.

"Well ouch Tiger, I hope you didn't account for me."

'Wait. Tiger, only one person calls me Tiger.'

We all looked back to see...

"Skyie!" Sid bursts into a sprint to her, knocking her over. The grunt that left her only adding on to the weight that she was here and alive.

"Skyie? You're OK.", exclaimed Manny as we both start walking to her and Sid's forms on the ground.

"Yeah.", Skyie said on the ground, hugging Sid.

"It's good to have you back.", I said, making her smile at me. I felt a rush of heat coming to my face.

'I am so glad I have fur.'