Food Trap

Ayanokoji(POV)

"Are you free during lunch? Do you want to eat together?"

Ike -  " Woah!!! this isn't what i expected horikita-san are asking him out"

The moment ike said those words a compass passed in front of ike's eyes he shivered by horikita's glare

Horikita -"Next time plz think before you open up your mouth Ike-kun"

Ike gulped in response to this

During break-time, Horikita came up to me asked.

"An invitation from you is unusual. I feel scared for some reason."

Shinohara -" yeah why are you inviting him anyway horikita-san is it because of what chabashira-sensei told you about him "

Horikita - " yeah it's somewhat related to thta"

onodera - " But i can't think how he will be useful"

Kanzaki - "Do you really think he won't be useful even after what you just saw , really what else are you hiding ayanokoji"

Kiyotaka in response to kanzaki spread in arms wide open saying " Nothing at all "

Kanzaki -"tch..."

(Kiyo just accepted there's nothing which can be done since kirito is totally going to show everything that's why he is pissed just thinking when he can get out of here rather than answering their questions Lol or perhaps author just wanted to tease kanzaki)

"It's nothing to be scared about. I can buy you the vegetable set, if you're fine with it."

Isn't that the free meal...?

"Just kidding. I'll seriously buy you whatever you want to eat."

"Definitely scary. Is there some kind of catch?"

Seeing as how Horikita invited me to eat with her, I can't help but feel suspicious.

I would be suspicious if I was invited out of the blue. I remember Horikita saying that before.

"If we always doubted everyone else's true intentions, human society wouldn't function, right?"

"Well, that's true, but..."

I didn't have anything planned, so I followed Horikita to the cafeteria.

I chose one of the more expensive meals, found a seat, and sat down with Horikita.

"Well then, itadakimasu?"

Horikita was staring at me as if she was waiting for me to eat.

"What's wrong, Ayanokouji-kun? Why aren't you eating?"

"O-oh."

Scary. There's definitely a catch somewhere. There's no way that this is for free. Nevertheless, I can't stall forever. It'd be wasteful if I let it go cold. I hesitantly took one bite of my croquette.

Hashimoto -" Even though you know there's a catch you still accepted it "

Ike -" Yeah if you knew then why did you accept it "

Ayanokoji - " Well i got expensive meal set for free when I was stuck with poverty so i didn't have a choice"

"It's sudden, but listen to me."

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

As I thought of getting up and running away, my hand was grabbed.