Cooperative Relationship

Editor's Note

Some chitter chatter. Ignore this if you want.

The exams (which ended in April, btw) went fine. I got a respectable 95.8% and ranked <1000, which is good. But since a few days, I've gotten way ahead of my syllabus that I have to cover and have a lot of spare time to waste. So here I am, finally taking time to complete what I had started.

Ayanokoji (POV)

I definitely wouldn't come to a hot place like this unless someone had brought me. The humidity was suffocating. I felt like if I stayed even a few more minutes, my head would to explode.

"Aren't you hot, Horikita?"

Sudo -"What are you doing there Ayanokoji? And why the hell are you with Suzune!?--  no, forget about it. Why are you two always together?! " He asked me. It sure doesn't seem to be simple curiosity. Perhaps...

Kanzaki - "If i am correct that's special annex..." he started drifting out in his own thoughts.

Shinohara -" But what are you doing there anyway, Horikita-san? Isn't that place too hot? Even Ayanokouji said so!"she asked

Horikita -"We went there to check something during Sudo's incident, that's all."

While the severe heat destroyed me, Horikita looked around with a cool expression.

"I'm fairly resilient when it comes to temperature. Ayanokouji-kun, you...don't seem okay."

Sudo -"Man, Suzune I wouldn't even be able to keep my cool even for a little while but you seem to be completely calm... I guess, as expected of you. Hmm. Hmm. " he said, nodding to himself.

Horikita -"Anyone could do that, but if you would have just thought rationally back then, there wouldn't even have been a need for us to be there." she said with her usual sharp tone.

Sudo -"Yeah sorry about that... I should have been a nuisance. Sorry for making you guys deal with all the stuff..." he said while bowing his head towards all of our classmates. He sure has grown significantly.

The heat was making me dizzy. I moved towards the window, hoping for some cool air. I opened the window...and then immediately slammed it shut.

"That was dangerous."

Opening the window had only let more hot air into the room. Leaving it ajar would've resulted in tragedy, I was sure of it. When I thought about how it would keep getting hotter all the way through August, I became depressed. However, coming here today had given us results. Things weren't impossible...

"What are you thinking about right now?" Horikita asked.

"Oh, nothing really. Just that it's hot. I've reached my limit."

It looked as though we'd done all we could, so we started going back.

"Ah."

"Oops!"

Turning the hallway corner, I bumped into another student.

"Sorry, are you okay?" I asked.

The impact of our collision wasn't very hard. At the very least, neither of us fell over.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I was careless," she said.

Haruka -"Hey, that voice... Airi-chan?! Did you make your debut without me?!"

Airi -"C-calling it a debut would be a b-bit far fetched... but yeah t-that was the first time we met..."