Bonus Chapter 3

Hey guys!

I'm back from Eid break! Here's another Bonus chapter from Arthur's POV. At this rate, I might end up rewriting the whole story from his POV :p

I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

--- ---- ---

I was going back to the Order's headquarters with some of the junior soldiers stationed in the island. Visiting the Order would be a good experience for them. Most immortal youth were sheltered in their childhood and teenage years. These junior soldiers were barely out of their teens, being out in the city would be a good experience.

I also wanted to visit the Order's headquarter myself. It would be wise to keep an eye on things, and people; to not let everyone forget who was truly in charge as George had almost done.

I padded down the steps of my front porch to the black van waiting outside. Harvey and Amanda were coming up the steps. They looked confused.

"Where are you going?" he asked, turning as I walked past him.

"The city," I replied.

"Why?"

I paused and looked over my shoulder at Harvey. He might be the closest person I had to a friend, but he seemed to be forgetting himself. I raised one eyebrow. To his credit, he immediately understood. He sighed, rubbed his face and walked down the steps toward me. Amanda trailed after him.

"I apologize for overstepping," he said, stopping next to me. "You just seem all of a sudden very..."

"Very...?"

"Interested in matters, outgoing, determined," he said. "I don't know how to take the sudden change."

Amanda slapped her hand on her mate's chest. "What he wants to say is that he's worried. We both are."

Being worried about one of the Five was an exercise in futility. But because it was Amanda, because she understood part of the pain I struggled through everyday, I gentled my reply.

"You shouldn't be, Amanda," I said.

Amanda looked at me for a long time, then she nodded with one of her brilliant smiles. "Good. We'll see you later, then. Come on, Harvey."

Harvey wanted to stay and argue further, but his better half, as he often called her, pulled him along. Amanda was more perceptive than others gave her credit for.

I rode in the passenger seat of the van. The soldiers' voices died down. The boy who clutched the wheel like a life line next to me had a cap on. I plucked it off his head and put it on. It would help me stay unnoticed in the Order, at least for a while.

The van started forward. He drove decently until we were out of the island, then his speed began decreasing and the steering wheel groaned under the force of his grip. His eyes flickered around the road, his pupils unusually large. It must be his first time driving in the city.

"With the exception of the humans who might die if you hit them hard enough, driving in the city is just like driving in the island," I told him to put his mind at ease.

He gulped, and his speed decreased even further. Hmm. I guess my words did not offer much solace.

I looked out the window and focused on the real reason I was eager to go to the city again. Charles hadn't reported back for the day yet, and my patience was wearing thin. Then I realized that there was no reason why I should not go myself to check on things. And see a certain golden-haired individual.

Once we reached the city and the boy driving realized that the roads would not suddenly sprout trees or swallow us, his driving regained more confidence and his speed increased. We were almost at the Order when my phone pinged.