[chapter 2]

ST. LOUIS
tatum's crib

6:10 AM

Deuce connecting with de'asia was not hard, he immediately opened up to her when he met her. The rest of his day after school spent him hanging with his father until he was caught up with some calls, then he went to hang with deasia, even prepping for breakfast and dinner for the rest of the week.

De would roll over in bed to stop her alarm from ringing, she laid there for a moment, and then got up stretching.

De'asia did her morning routine with her airpods set in her ears. she had listened to a couple of meditation videos, it was something she came across to help with her mental health.

When she was dressed to go, she quietly made her way to the main kitchen, cutting on a light, then going around to open the blinds.

She put together her famous breakfast tacos, and set them into the oven; De set a timer, and carried on to go awake Deuce.

Just as the 22 year old reached up the stairs she found Jayson already leaving from the child's room.

"Oh, good morning, jayson—" he cut her off, correcting her.

"Mr. Tatum, have some sense." He huffed dragging his feet to his bedroom, shutting it afterwards.

Breathing in and out, De released the fist she had balled up. She then peaked into Deuce room, he was sitting up, staring into space.

stepping away from the door to head downstairs to wait, but Jayson stood behind her startling her.

"I wake my son up, not you. All you do is cook, clean, drop and pick him up, and occupy him, aight?" His voice boomed.

"I—" he shut her down once again.

"I said aight?" He grilled her down.

"Sorry.." De walked around him, reaching to the stairs.

"Don't come up this side of the house, you're not welcome." Jayson said.

The way he had treated her she forced that into the back of her mind — she just got back from dropping Deuce off, all he did the whole ride was brag how good the tacos were. he's a good kid.

Dropping the keys into the bowl, she did a quick look into the kitchen and found two ladies seated with Jayson, they were talking.

Ducking her head back out, De went to find something to get into on her side of the house. It wasn't much to do since the home was clean as is.

Pulling out the schedule she had from yesterday, she scanned it through.

Could do Grocery, Laundry, or try to make a conversation with Tatum, and see if he needs anything scheduled.

definitely won't be talking to him unless he's apologizing.

Humming, she wasn't welcomed to Tatum's side of the home, so that was out of the equation.

Grocery it is.

De'asia POV

"Hi, sorry to bother, but I am running to the store." I announced, "Is there a list you need me to get, Mr. Tatum?" I avoided making eye contact.

"You got this girl calling you, Mr. Tatum? I know you better be joking." Toriah spoke up.

"Not at all, I guess she just had some sense and was being respectful." Jayson shrugged, picking up his phone.