[chapter 12]

"Ms. Bumpus look — she's the lady that works for Mr. Tatum! she's prettier in person." the little girl gasp as I entered the school's office. Smiling warmly as I approach the clipboard and write my name then Deuce's.

Receiving a call from the school's nurse mentioning Deuce had a high fever, and was throwing up, I called off my doctors appointment, and hurried here.

A middle aged woman waltz into the office eyeing the people inside and then called out Deuce's name.

"I'm for him, his nanny." I held out my ID and paperwork stating I was on his emergency list. "No need to show that, you're very well known, we trust you." she says, motioning me to follow.

When we reached to the nurse office, she pulled back the curtain and I found deuce bundled up asleep.

"aww." I skip over to him softly ruffling his curls. "Deu." I whisper.

he started moving and he lift his head once he saw me, "dede." he got up holding out his arms.

I step back some then picked him up, and grabbed his book bag. "Feel better!" the nurse called out as we walked out.

When I reached to the car, I sat him in the car seat and buckled him up. Deuce started to whine and clutch his stomach — I reach over and grabbed a plastic bag and had it close to his mouth, and just then he started throwing up in the bag.

"it's okay, deu." I rub his back once he was done spilling out his inside. "can you hold it down until we get home?"

"yes.." he nods his head, and I placed in these things that block the sun from beaming on him.

the drive home was quick and we were met with jayson pulling in as well. I got out of the car, and jayson got out of his truck, "where you coming from?" he raised an eyebrow, and I open the back door,

omniscient

"what is he doing home? did he pretend to be sick again?" jayson smacked his teeth strolling over to see his son asleep and his face a little shade of pink.

"does this look like he pretended to be sick?" de'asia pointed to brighten face then the tied up bag of puke. jayson face twists in disgust, and unbuckled deuce.

"why didn't anyone call me?" he adjust his son in his arms, and de'asia closed the door.

"we did, but it went straight to voicemail." De'asia confirms.

"I'm sorry, after the meetings for the shoes I went to practice and didn't have it on me." Jayson opened the house door and let De in first. She slipped through and kicked off her shoes, "Its okay, but you will need to call your mom soon, she was trying to get in reach about something regarding another deal." De'asia explained.

"Thank you." Jayson head up to get his son changed and in bed.

Thirty minutes had gone by, and De'asia was done cleaning and now could rest for a bit. while she was lounging out in the backyard she was scrolling through her emails, she clicked on the email she never responded to. from her brother.

biting her bottom lip, she wiggled her thumbs over the keyboard and then started typing.

"I am no fool Derek Junior, I know exactly why you are sending this message; you, and your sorry man of a father need money instead of getting off the couch and getting a job. Guess what? I am not that gullible girl anymore, I've grown, hence grown, do you know what that is? anyways, you're not receiving money from me, find some other source."

De'asia reread her message over before clicking the blue button to send it.

"hey de'asia. you remember when deuce asked you to come to his carnival?" jayson questioned, making De'asia lock her phone and turn to face him.

"yes what happened?" De'asia gets up from the chair seeing a folder in hands.

"Apparently what he meant was could you be apart of it, shit — actually us both, we have to create our own booth for the carnival." Jayson chuckled showing the assigned folder with their names on it.

"What?!"

whew chile.

Jayson Tatortot Tatum
Jaylen Toosie Roll Brown
( i think that's him😭)

it's deuce not telling de'asia she'd be working for his carnival with his dad.