[21]

roughly it has been two weeks, and deasia's doctor is releasing her from the hospital. she's improved a lot from when she first was brought in, she did nothing but gain her energy back, and able to comprehend and give approval for the doctors to help her. her surgery went smoothly, and when she was out of the surgery she slept the day away, and partially the day after. eating wise was a nightmare for her, she threw everything up five minutes after it adjusted, or if she was getting her iv checked or giving more medicine.

jayson was the first in contact after the doctor shared to deasia the news of her going home. when his phone rang he picked up on the second ring, he immediately said he'd be there in a few. he meant that. he was at the hospital 15 minutes later.

guided down to the room where deasia is soon to be leaving from, the doctor held out his hand. "now, i know you think when you go in there it'll all be apples and bananas." he clears his throat, "she is still recovering, in pain — she is still not talking either, but will write on a whiteboard if you have one available at home. also, mr tatum, i have prescription awaiting for ms. bell-hughes downstairs, please pick it up on your way out."

jayson nodded and then knocked on the door a couple of times, just so that de was alert of someone coming in. as he walked in, he found her getting out of the bed. he smiled her way, and she blankly looked at him, and walked slowly to the chair to grab her clothes.

holding them tight in her hands, she started heading towards the bathroom, but then she stopped & turned towards jayson. "what you need?" his hand went for the handle to open the door for her, but she shook her head and pointed at his pocket. he raised an eyebrow, pulling out his wallet, keys and phone — she grabbed the phone and held it up to his face for the face ID. it didn't work, but he told her his password. deasia typed quickly on the phone, and handed it back.

"I was given the 'okay' to shower, but I can't wet my entire body or the scars where they took out my gallstones would get infected. can you help me?"

Jayson nods his head still opening the bathroom door wider for her to enter. he realized she didn't grab her towel or wash clothes, so he got it for her while she set the water. he saw in her bin she also had soap, shampoo and conditioner. twisting his lips back and forth, he settled with just the soap, she'd probably want to wash her hair with her own products at home. jayson returned to the bathroom to find deasia attempting to pull her hair up in a ponytail, she grunts in frustration, and let her arms flop to her side, when she turned around she found jayson standing there.

"you want me to do it?" she nodded and he leaned down to take the hair tie from her, from just attempting to put her hair in a bun, he could tell she was ready to get the shower over with, and go to sleep. Jayson ran his fingers through her hair and placed it into a messy bun.

instead of she feeling for the water, he did and it was warm. "it's warm, i think we should leave it at that, i don't think you can use hot water just yet." he announced, and shut the door fully so no one could walk in to see her showering. deasia slowly reached for the towel and demonstrated to jayson to hold it up while she undressed herself. the towel was up, and he was looking everywhere but at her.

she takes the towel to cover the front of her body, turning to face her back to jayson. he grabbed the washcloth to wet it and wipe down her exposed back, then wetting the cloth again to apply soap and washed down her back. he did it as gentle as he could though he is heavy handed.

of course, deasia was left to wash her own area and the front of her body, and jayson back was faced to her while she did so. it alert him that she was done when the water shut off — deasia  tapped him, and he turned and looked down to see her pointing at her clothes. again, he turned away when he gave her the bra and panties, red matching set, that he picked out.