[22]

"can i play with dede today?" this is the third day that deuce had been begging to be in de'asia's presence. she hadn't quite been herself since she was released from the hospital, she played with deuce once and right after that she's been cooped up in the bedroom. only time they've seen her was to eat — attempt to eat, or if she needed her meds for pain.

"uh . . not today son, she isn't feeling her best." jayson dropped deuce's book bag on the couch, and tried listening out for any noises coming from de's side of the room.

"it's been so long." Deuce frowned and sprinted up to his room causing jayson to sigh loudly. he wanted to give his child a moment so he plopped onto the couch, and laid there.

"everything okay?"

he jumped and turned to see de standing there with her arms loosely folded. "shit, i didn't even hear you."

"sorry." she responded.

"hey, look who's gotten their voice back." he smiled, realizing her wasn't sore, or hoarse. it felt good to hear her voice. he's been missing it.

"...yeah." she awkwardly rubbed her arm, not knowing what to say. "where's deu?"

"he jut went upstairs, he's pretty upset with me . ."

"why?" deasia raised an eyebrow now letting her arms go by her side.

"he wanted to play with you, he said it's been a while he misses you." jayson wanted to admit he misses her too.

"J, i'm so-" he stops her, "it's not your fault, little bit. he doesn't understand what you went through, he thinks you just went on a silly vacation, and want nothing to do with him."

"that does not make this any better, i'm gonna go up there and talk to him."

"wait, can i — can i ask you something?" jayson gently grasp her elbow.

"if it's anything about what happened at the abandoned house, i don't want to talk about it, i'll open up to the police when i am ready."

"no its not that and i fully understand, i don't care if you don't want to tell them, just happy you're here with me." he continued, but stuttered. "with me in this house . . with deuce . . where, uh . . we stay, because we're one big happy family." jayson mentally slapped himself. he scratched the back of his neck, before continuing with what he wanted to ask her.

"Draymond and his wife invited us to a carnival that's happening later tonight, do you want to go?" he hoped her answer would be yes, he wants her to get out instead of being depressed and sleeping a lot, though the resting part was doctors orders. for the first time since the hospital, she smiled. "sure. will deuce be going to?"

"mhm yeah, the nannies of the other kids will be chaperoning them while us adults have fun."

"Oh. well, like i said sure."

while she went upstairs to apologize to deuce, jayson was quick to take out his phone and tell the gang tonight was on and popping.

📍Carnival

As we arrived, we found parking near the gates. I unbuckle my seatbelt and reached for the latch to open the door but jayson cleared his throat, "don't touch the door. you know i get that for you." he said.

"boy, i got two hands. why you acting as if i'm handicapped or some shi—shizznets." I quickly catch myself remembering that deuce was in the backseat.

we gather out of the car, and started to walk up to the gates where we found hazel, and draymond & their kids, then stephen and his family, and then Klay and his girlfriend.