[chapter 13]

It was about 10 on the dot and De'asia was already in bed. Jayson told her since pretty much all Deuce did was throw up and sleep, she could turn in early. But before she could, she had soup made for him, and dinner for Jayson done.

A knock on her door made her take her attention from the television and to the door that was now being pushed open, it was Deuce.

"hey deu.. what's up? you okay?" de'asia got out of bed quickly lowering to his height. "can you take me to the emergency room?" he whispered shyly.

raising an eyebrow, de'asia then saw jayson coming in behind deuce. "what he means is, can you come with while he goes to the hospital." he clarifies.

"uh, yeah..." de'asia answered, watching deuce face turn into a giant smile. "i'm gonna go put my shoes on!" he said running off.

"you didn't sound so sure of wanting to go, you know you don't have to right? i can let him down if you can't do it." Jayson kept his stare on de'asia who stood up fully.

"I-I just . . I don't know how to feel about all this.." De'asia stuttered over the words she couldn't seem to find.

"like deuce has included me in everything — and i love it, i don't know, it's nothing never mind — cmon." she waved the conversation off, sliding her feet into her slippers and grabbed her sweater. she wore an oversized shirt, with gray sweatpants and her hair tossed up in a messy bun with a few strands out.

On the other hand, Jayson could tell it was hard for De'asia to explain how she felt, after she told him most of how it was for her growing up, he'd take what she'd try to attempt to say, and fill in to where he could understand her.

gently, he rest his hand on her arm. "I understand you." was the last he said before Deuce came back searching for them.

📍St Louis Children's Hospital

With the department not being full with sick patients, we were placed in a room quickly. Deuce laid up in the bed after De'asia checked and sprayed it down. She handed him his ipad and headphones to watch paw patrol.

"thank you for coming." i say once she sat next to me. de'asia smiled, "no problem." she responds.

Ella Mai

Sitting outside of Jayson's house, I checked my watch and the tracking system I had on his phone. He was minutes away.

I got here from the hospital about ten minutes ago for it to look like I came straight from my flight.

The car pulls up, and I put my best sad face on even attempting to shed little tears. As the three gathered out of the car, I sniffled.

"Ella?" Jayson was taken back to see me probably, or amazed at my beauty still.

"Hi.." I softly whisper, getting up from the chair and wiping my eyes.

"Why are you here?" Jayson took his eyes off of me to glance at that witch who took Deuce's hand and went in the house.

"I need a place to stay.. all the hotels are booked, and I don't know anyone out here but you." I frown.

"No. I'm not letting you stay where my gir— naw, hold up. How you get my address?" Jayson folds his arms flexing his muscles.

Crap, I began to shift on my feet rubbing my elbows. "You gave it to me silly. Told me you were moving."

"I'd never — especially not after the sick shit you put me and my family through."

"You're never going to let up from that are you?! I had to do what I needed!" I jab at his chest.

Jayson smacked my hand, and stepped closer. "you aborted my baby."