[chapter 18]

am i messing with y'all heads yet? 😶

24 hours

Jayson's heart pounded in his chest as he and his mom, accompanied by the police, anxiously returned to the restaurant. The weight of the past 24 hours hung heavily on their shoulders, as they hoped the surveillance footage would provide some answers. They gathered around the monitor, their eyes fixed on the screen, desperate for any clue that could lead them to De'Asia.

As they watched the footage, the dimly lit back alley came into view. Shadows danced ominously, making it difficult to discern any details. Jayson's heart sank as he realized that the darkness had swallowed the moment of De'Asia's abduction. The frustration and fear in the room were palpable.

But then, a glimmer of hope emerged. Amongst the darkness, Ella suddenly appeared, her face etched with concern. Her eyes darted around, as if searching for someone. And just as quickly as she had appeared, a car screeched around the corner, its tires squealing, and sped off into the night.

The police scrutinized the footage, hoping to catch a glimpse of the license plate or any distinguishing features of the car, but it was fruitless. The vehicle was a blur, leaving no trace behind.

Jayson's mind raced with questions. Who was driving that car? Why did they take De'Asia? And most importantly, where was she now? Determined to find answers, Jayson vowed to work hand in hand with the police, sharing any information or leads that might help crack the case.

"pleekly, so glad you could join us." the anonymous voice booms all around the abandoned building, as ella stood in the middle of the room with her arms loosely folded.

"it's meko or meek. come correct." he spoke as he coughed after inhaling the dust. "what the hell is this place, ells?"

"this is just . . a place i figured jayson and i could clean up and move into. it could be where our son grows up." ella smile rubbing her belly. meek shakes his head in disapproval,

"ella this is getting dangerous. especially for your career, do not go any further with this." meek grabbed her wrist pleading her.

ella groans with an eye roll, "meek my gosh would yuh relax, i am not going to do anything to destroy yours or mine reputation. just come as i show the rest of the inside okay?" she sweetly smiled, as her eyes glanced off to the cameras that followed their every movement.

De'asia

"how did you even have so much time to do this? you've been missing out on practice to build whatever you've trapped me in?!" now i'm chained, and ducktaped to the chair, a blindfold now over my eyes.

that chuckle they've been doing was surely ticking me off, i just wanted to get hands on him and strangle him — i had the change to when he first fucked up.

"you're a joke. a fucking joke." i say under my breath. "imagine how deuce would feel when he sees that his father is a sick bastard, and is going to jail!"

"he wouldn't know because who's going to tell it? nobody's going to give a shit that you disappeared, you're worth nothing, you're the joke if i may say — and guess what?you'll still be locked up in here starving to death, pretty girl." my breath hitched as i felt something cold and sharp against my neck, then trailed down and up my arm.

"here's her dinner." a female voice welcomes herself into the room and next i heard something being slammed in front of me.

unchaining my hands i was yank forward to start eating with my hands while blindfolded. "eat up because we've got shit to do and we won't be back for some days."

"oh like cover your tracks on why you've spent i don't know . . hours here instead of attending to your damn child? calling his mother? and YOURS?" i yelled, earning a slap to the face afterwards.

"you got a mouth on you little bitch. i don't ever recall you having this much sass when we were y—" jayson stopped then chained my hands again,

"n-no, no!" i attempt to shake but was held down to be ducktaped, and moved from the room i was in.

"you fucked up now you have to survive with no air." my body was thrown to the ground and the loud heavy door was shut.

i couldn't help but cry.

╭⸻⸻╮

i know it's a bit confusing, but that's how my books are, i love to throw people off

1. How we feeling about this chapter?
2. do you think de'asia will be found?