Chapter 10 | coincidence complicated

(Dave pov)
I woke up she was sleeping so peaceful I don't think I've ever seen her this relaxed. Usually she would be jumping out of bed going to work but like I told her yesterday to just go with the flow! To Get back to work don't make anything seem suspicious.

Usually she would be on Time right now buying her caffeine and heading to her office for the day.
"Wake up nia you gotta go to work! He shook her gently trying to get her attention because she was a heavy sleeper he notice one minute she be snoring talking in her sleep then rolling over pulling the covers off me I would be shivering so I end up grabbing me another blanket out the closet her ass sleep wild. Then it be those loving moments when I turn around and she be right under me snoozing. Those are the moments I appreciated even the snoring! And I don't even like women being all In my space 24/7 but shit I guess I got adjusted but deep down inside i didn't trust nia fully all women ever did to me was cheat on me in my past had me looking like a fool.

And while nia was asleep her phone kept ringing off the hook and I looked over at it and it was some dude Brian i just brushed it off but it kind of fucked with me

"Ay wake up some nigga calling your phone I guess, I'm go shower and shit" he had a displeased expression on his face

"Why you looking like that Dave?"
"Why I'm looking like this man it don't even matter get ready so you can go i got things to do today"
"Why you tripping? I just woke up and I'm getting the side eye!"
"And."
"Look you ain't my girl I really do not care bro"
The look in his eyes had a sadness to them
"So you kicking me out where I'm a go?"
He paced the room back in fourth she was showing him everything he didn't want in a female cheating was the worst and even tho they wasn't officially together she just showed why he should never take her seriously.

Nia pov
I understand he was angry but we not even together, and yes I have my secrets one being is my lustfulness for sex I love it and I like variety, I've always felt like one man could never satisfy me I guess I'm a bad person because I have casual encounters with men and I actually enjoy it. The attention the toe curling organisms and the money I guess that's why I do it this was something I wanted to tell him but maybe he should know? It started when I was a teenager and I lost my innocence...

Flashback foster home
"Little girl your mother will never come back for you this is your home now so you better get with the program. You sixteen now so if you want any favors here in this facility you got to do something for it ain't nothing free"
Growing up in foster care she learned how to manipulate the system and use what she had and that was her body she didn't think she would enjoy the rush or maybe it's because that's all she knew was surviving as she got older and better at it she loved the power it gave her she no longer felt victimized but in control.

"Dave can we talk?"
"I don't know why I'm even telling you this but I'm not the faithful good girl and I know it's wrong the guy who called was a casual encounter I had please I'm sorry it's stems from my childhood issues But I take responsibility because I'm grown now"

"Excuses, You really disgust me nia you know that right? To think I thought highly of you I'm not trying to sound harsh but wtf why you not knowing your worth b I'm sorry what happened to you but this ain't it ma"

"I'm sorry i was just being honest most people hide who they are I don't! This is me I'm just leave for work we can talk about this later?"
"Yup"

Nia went to work nervously thinking about the day she killed one of her crazy exes she was hoping no one would notice the sweat dripping down her forehead and palms

"Hey nia welcome back! You been away from work girl I thought about calling but I figured you would pop up!" Energetic Kelly said to nia see Kelly was her co worker at the law firm and friend

"Yeah I'm good, I better get going I have tons to do Kelly"
"Before you go did you hear about the shooting at a hotel? apparently some psycho killer lady killed a guy in cold murder the suspect wasn't found im looking into the case today"

Nia hands started shaking nervously

"That's great Kelly I have to go I have tons to do bye"

Hours passed and Dave never called her or texted her I guess he thought less of her she never thought he would be judgmental like he's perfect this shit was becoming complicated
She decided to text him
Me hey Dave
Him everything cool?? I'm busy
Me yeah, just wanted to know if we was cool?
Him yeah nia we always been friends.
Me yeah friends huh I know since forever! Harlem days
Him yup kiesha here I gotta go hmu if it's urgent.

I don't know why but that last reply had me feeling crushed

8 hours later
I pulled up to Dave place exhausted and a emotional wreck from what Kelly mentioned I mean this story could damage my career and my reputation. Even my life

She entered the home and Dave was giving her this look like he had missed her all day he was smiling sitting on the sofa

"How was work?"
"It was cool it's even better now"
"Why is that?"
"because I'm home with you"
"Oh this your home now when did we establish this?" He laughed
"When we became Bonnie and Clyde that's when Nigga!"
"Yeah alright he pulled out the liquor from the fridge pouring us a cup he looked faded his eyes was red and low
"You been drinking all day?"
"Yup and smoking all day"
"But that's not even like you to get drunk and high all day usually you be out and working"
"Well I ain't"
"Oh okay cool my bad"
Lately he been drinking alot more and since I told him my secret he seem even more numb And I didn't like being around that because I grew up around drunks
"You wanna talk?" Nia asked concerned
"You know what I wish nia was that you could of been the girl for me but you not you will never be" he said slurring his words Falling back on the couch spilling his drink
"Dave! I know your drunk right now but I can't live like this you need to sober up this is not the Dave I know and love"

"Love? what you know about love? nia you sleep with strangers for fun you are the last person I would ever love."

Tears fell down her cheek
"You sound just like my judgement family!
*Slams door*
We all have inner struggles was he wrong for judging mines?

Tears fell down her cheek"You sound just like my judgement family!*Slams door*We all have inner struggles was he wrong for judging mines?

"NIA!!!!!!!! I'M SORRY!"

"You can't keep hurting my feelings just because I'm not who you want me to be I'm sorry i had a fucked up childhood!!!"

Dave pov
Damn I really hurt her and it wasn't my intentions but as a man it's hard to respect or understand why she feels like that's the way I blame her parents for getting her taken away as a child, she became a lawyer she's beautiful and has potential to be a wife she just needs a real one in her corner maybe a friend? I can't change her all I can do is show her compassion I was wrong I was speaking from my ego and not from my heart.