Chapter 22 |Coincidence

Nia pov

I mean I couldn't believe it! Kiesha had died and the baby was without a mother ain't this some shit this was something I never expected to happen I hated her but I never wanted her to die

I mean I couldn't believe it! Kiesha had died and the baby was without a mother ain't this some shit this was something I never expected to happen I hated her but I never wanted her to die. And now I'm in a house with a crying baby I do not want to be attached to a child that isn't mine she's Dave responsibility not mines.
It's been hard seeing him so sleepy and still getting up for work to provide but when I look at the baby I just feel angry...she's not mine!
Every since kiesha funeral Dave been drinking more feeling like her death was all his fault he gets up and goes to work and usually his mother keeps the baby, but this Nigga been missing in action today and his mother not answering her phone and the baby is just hollering I'm blowing up both phones and nobody is picking up! Dave really need to stop drinking feeling sorry for himself. he needs to be a father! He's been drinking tequila and acting reckless I bet that's what his ass is probably doing right now or out with his friends smoking turning up. I don't know who he thinks I am but he got the wrong one today I'm just as hurt! Man this was unexpected for his family and hers but especially for me.

The baby continued to cry... and cry she peeked her head in the room looking at her she knew her father was a emotional wreck right now and the baby really didn't have no one right now...since her mommy passed she told herself she wasn't taken care of no more babies after she had to raise her cousins because they mama was in the streets selling her body and slanging drugs. She had to pause her life to make sure they had a good future then they grew up and acted like she was nobody. she said she was done giving her life up to other peoples children! Especially ungrateful ones she got a flashback
But when she picked her up she looked in her eyes and melted suddenly she fell in love so innocent and pure oh look at those eyes and all that hair she went in the kitchen and made her a warm bottle of Infant Formula. Sat down with her in her arms feeding her the bottle and rubbing her hair gently this baby was innocent and needed a mother I don't know why tragic things happen to children and even mothers, but she lost a mother and she got me now, the crazy thing is I'm not able to have children so this is my little miracle and I will treat her as my own with Dave permission of course since this sweet angel doesn't have a mother she have me nia.

Hmmmm am I ready to raise another baby? Well no but I have no choice because she needs me and her father "Amoura Aaliyah Brewster" such a beautiful baby you are! Everything will be okay I promise she rocked her to sleep... and her phone kept vibrating it was a call from Dave mother she sent a 911 text so I immediately put the baby in her crib and called her back this couldn't be good?

"Hello?"
"Hey sweetie dave just got into a car wreck his car flipped over several times! I think he broke his legs the lady at the scene mentioned Can you go I will watch Amoura!"
"OMFG I knew something was gone happen I told him to stop dranking tequila and driving hurry please!"