Chapter 11| coincidence

Every sense we had that argument the other night shit been quiet around the house she barley look at me I guess I really pushed her buttons? when that wasn't my intentions but I said what I said

She living recklessly that's why she had to kill that man in the lobby that comes with the lifestyle she wants to live

But I been trying to keep it on a positive note and get back on a cool page with Nia but she so damn stubborn sometimes she been staying with me for a few months now and so far the streets been quiet and the case went cold nobody knew what happened to the nigga in the lobby that's why I'm thinking that Kelly woman might blow are cover and if she do I'm have to take care of that, nia told me she been really trying to crack the case and solve the mystery but if she keep seeking a answer she gone find her ass laying in a ditch somewhere. And from what I understand she doesn't give up easily and she ain't never met somebody like me either so I been keeping tabs on her nia don't even know but I know some important people in her line of business that actually use to work for me yeah I know right? Money talks the lawyers be the ones you need to be suspicious of especially the dirt they do on the low. well they exist and I been having a friend work very closely with kelly just to make sure she stays in her lane.

Today I have to go to work I had stuff to do and money to be made and kiesha had been blowing up my phone for whatever reason?
Telling me it's urgent

He pulls out his phone replying to her text message sense she been texting nonstop

Me: wassup kiesha?!
Her: why haven't you answered are you acting funny because you around nia ass?
Me: actually no! I been busy
Her: well I'm pregnant Dave...
Me: the baby not mines you a Godamn lie.
Her: You the only person I been with and we never used condoms stop the bullshit Dave I know it's not what you want to hear but I thought you should know.
Me: I mean I never wanted to have kids with you this shit just ruined my day with all respect I don't want a kid right now you said you was on birth control why you cap you straight up trapped me!!!
Her: whatever you act like you never cared about me like we never had nothing well we did up until nia came in the picture again and honestly you could do better.
Him: look don't try and manipulate me you know you lied about the birth control thing kiesha! And mind your business
Her: well I didn't and we are going to be parents so congratulations.

...

He put his phone away in disbelief he wanted a family one day but just not with her...

He started thinking POV
Me being a father? That's not the plan I mean and to have a child with her is disappointing we don't even get along and on top of that nia might feel upset I mean I hope she understands sometimes things happen? but I'm not going to tell her just yet I mean we already not speaking so to just say this wouldn't be right mann wtf! What if it's a girl I'm have to beat up niggas for looking at my daughter the wrong way! and what if it's a boy I'm have to protect my little man from the streets I wouldn't want my kids in this grimy ass lifestyle of drugs, gangs, and violence! I wonder if nia would still care about me? or if she would walk out my life for good I can't really imagine what she may feel if it was her I would be really to kill a nigga baby father or not i told myself if I ever have kids it would be with Nia my childhood crush but it never happened is this a sign? I mean kids are a blessing I was told and I'm not getting any younger I can always put a baby in nia right? If that's what she wanted and marry her what am I saying yoooo I'm bugging she never even confirmed how she feeling about me so... I mean!

Nia pov
I'm so glad I got away it's been kind of stressful at the house I been trying to stay focused on other things more productive shit Dave is my bestfriend and it might even be more there then we like to admit I know he cares about me and I care about him I've never confirmed it but I feel like I'm getting attached I think about him all the time and I want to share things with him whenever something happens I even imagine making love to him and how amazing that shit would feel the both of us! Ummm, my god I think about that euphoric kiss we had those warm moments together that we shared during those hard times.

Even tho these confusing feelings I have in side of me doesn't mean it's mutual or Guaranteed to work. Maybe I would settle down for him but could he? can I really change my ways?

My phone was vibrating so I looked and it was a text message from Dave
"Ayeee wya?"

"Out and about why you miss me?"
"Definitely, I'm listening to summer walker album and I thought of yooooo ass i know you love her music and shit I'm fucking wit it"

"You definitely have good taste in music then lol I'll be on my way you won't Chinese food tonight and Casamigos?"

"Hell yeah that sound like a vibe hurry up and bring that ass home"

"See you in 20!"

I'm just glad we talking again life be feeling lonely when him and I are at odds

"Alright shortie"

Readers***should he tell her?