Chapter 4

Lunch break is the time when there is no music on stage. Everyone was walking around the booth mostly looking for something to eat. I stood in front of the booth with my arms crossed, looking at the stage where the band was preparing to go down to rest in anticipation. And P'Win didn't disappoint me. Phi Kae* ran upstairs before whispering something to Ai’Tae, the latest singer on stage. After a while, he nodded and turned to look at me following the finger that P'Win had pointed out. And all of a sudden, they were laughing until I wanted to find a mirror to look at my face.

(Kae* = old
A/N : I wonder why everyone’s laughing at Kao 🤭)

“Ladies and gentlemen,” Tae spoke loudly into the microphone until the people walking around turned to look at him. “Because there will be no music on stage during the lunch break. So if anyone is interested in listening to live music from our number one singer of the past months of college, don't forget to visit booth D01.”

I gave a thumbs up to Ai’Tae and then nodded my head to thank P'Win before turning back into the booth. And it was at the same time that my straight-faced friend approached me with an acoustic guitar.

“You used me again.” So grumbled and yawned loudly. But he still walked in to greet P’Phu, who was still frowning but it was good.

I let Ai’So sit in the chair next to P’Phu. As for me, I was standing next to him. As soon as the guitar began to sound, the people outside began to come inside…that includes those who were holding the assessment cards.

“This booth isn't scary.” I said and smiled. The women who turned to look giggled. My face isn’t funny, probably must be P’Phu's face.

“Is that… Are these paintings for sale?” A woman with a pin from another university walked over and asked. So I turned to look at P’Phu. Seeing that he nodded, I turned to answer.

“For sale, yes.”

“How much is the cost?”

This time, P’Phu nodded to the square box hanging on the side that I had just seen.

“Pay what you like.” I give a salesmanship smile and pointed to the box. The woman nodded, put a hundred banknote in the box and took back the A4-sized watercolor painting.

As soon as someone takes the lead, others will automatically follow. I didn't have to wait to answer any other questions, the others started coming in.

So's smooth guitar sound changes to a familiar melody. I walked in the middle, between him and P’Phu, who was still painting, and started singing to the rhythm.

(Yahk bauk gup tur wa chun roo seuk Dtahng bpai nae naun jahk winahtee gaun)
“I want to tell you that I feel definitely different from the last second…”

“Wiew wow!”

I slightly bowed my head to the applause and soft screams of women. But let’s skip the unwanted teasing of the music band that came over to watch me.

“I just want to say that I love you
Because I love you so much.
But I do not expect or want anything
from you.”

“Don't forget to stay and watch the music performance in the evening.”

I just shook my head at those guys who stood in front of the booth. But it's good that they help sing along to get more attention.

“But don’t hope…” I suddenly stopped at the last line, my eyes automatically turning to P’Phu.

(A/N : The song Kao sings : อยากบอกว่ารัก by Sin)