Chapter 8

KAO: P'Phu

KAO: Today, I'm going swimming with Ai’So

KAO: Are you free, krab?

Silence...

Why didn't he answer?…I sent the text at six in the morning. I’m about to finish the class now and he still hasn’t replied.

“What's wrong?”

“P’Phu did not answer.” I replied So and let out a long sigh. I feel so sleepy that I want to fall asleep and not care about anyone. But I’m afraid that the person who I’m waiting for would reply while I am asleep. All I could do was sit with my eyes open like this.

Yesterday was the first time in years that I couldn't sleep well. It’s like there’s something left in my mind that keeps my eyes open all the time. I don't have to think what caused it.

P’Phu is angry…

I spend my sleepless night constantly thinking about what I did wrong. Maybe it’s because I got involved in his business but deep down I felt it wasn't the reason.

“Whoever passes the test can go home.” At the end of teacher's sentence, I quickly raised my hand and stood up even though I didn’t know what the test was. Of course, I can’t hold my doubts anymore. And since he didn't answer...I'll find the answer myself.

I took the teacher's test with a mind that wasn’t with the body. Even so, I still received compliments when the test was over. I turned to look at So, and he held up his phone in a gesture to call him. After agreeing, I hurriedly walked out of the building.

In fact, it's probably not a good idea to visit someone who had a fight yesterday. But as long as I meet P’Phu, there would be nothing to worry about.

but unfortunately…

“How dare you show up on the day that gangster doesn't come, you dare?”

It seems like I miscalculated a bit…

The corridor behind the management building is a shortcut and rarely crowded. Today, on the other hand, several men stood in the way. And most importantly...they’re the seniors I had a fight with yesterday.

The first thing I did was not run away. But because I realized that someone trapped me from behind, I chose to pick up the phone and click to call the last contact instead.

“Do you think you can call the punks to help you in time?” The person behind me snatched the phone out of my hand and quickly cut the call...which was a good thing because the person at the other end of the line would have realized faster.

“Get in.” He pushed my back into an empty room at the back of the building. After following all the way in, he locked the door.

“Do you think that's a good idea?” I asked quietly. I don't feel anything except I want to go see P’Phu quickly. 

“You’re going to die and you still have a good mouth.”

“Still, I’m not good-mouthed like you guys.” Having come this far, being polite is no longer necessary.

I lunged at the guy next to me and kicked him in the stomach so hard that he hit the wall. When I saw his colic state, he couldn't get up and I stretched out a pitiful smile.

“Asshole!”

Phew!

The first punch hit the right cheek. I staggered to the side because I couldn't handle the force, pain that I hadn't felt for years swirled across the face.