Chapter 11

“Which event is this rehearsal for?”

“You've been practicing for half an hour and you still don't know, Ai’Kao?”

I scratched my head numbly. If I say yes, I risk being cursed. Staying quiet seems to make perfect sense.

“You are…” P’Win shook his head. He didn't continue to curse because he knew I wouldn't care. But still he was kind enough to give me a schedule.

“Oh...It’s less than I thought.”

I took a look at the work schedule and it was fine. If compared to last year, it is considered very different. Especially during the second semester, I barely got to rest with rehearsals late at night every day. One fine day, the singer was sick and they tried to drag me onto the stage even though I hadn't practiced before. Khun Ashira is very useful.

“There may be some intervening work, but not much. Because I've already made a deal that I will only accept works that I have been told in advance.”

I nodded my head in understanding. That would be nice too. So we can spend some time doing other things and not suffocate in the practice room every day.

“Yes… In conclusion, we are going to camp after the exam. I'm going to clear the queue as well.”

“Did you present the request to the teacher?” I turned to ask P’Win in surprise, didn't think that phi would act so fast.

“It's done, you know how our teachers are.” 

“Have many people confirmed it already?”

“They don’t want to miss this kind of thing.” P’Win shrugged his shoulders and stood up. But before he went, he turned around to tease again. “You can also invite someone important to you, haha.”

Oh!...do you think people like me would feel embarrassed if you make fun of me? It seems that P'Win himself realized that he was playing with the wrong person, so he pretended to walk away. But it’s too late.

“I'm definitely inviting him, don't worry.”

“Annoying!”

The camp that P'Win is talking about is a camp wholly organized by the music band. Normally, it's held every year. Whoever wants to come along can volunteer, similar to accepting juniors. But last year, the seniors made an agreement with the engineers that they would receive the juniors together. So it turned out that those of us who were recruited with engineering were so close like fellow faculty members.

Even though I said it was a camp, but actually, it's more like traveling together. But because we go together almost the whole faculty, so we have to ask the teacher for their permission. And because my faculty doesn't have wide range, they don’t have college admissions like that of other faculties. When we go on a camp like this, it's like going to have fun. As for the prank activities, they were just small things.

“It’s a big hit, our nong kao.” A loud tease came from the group of people who had just walked into the rehearsal room. They laughed a lot before showing me the phone screen. “You even used the word ‘important person’.”

I waved hello and leaned back on the sofa, ignoring the sound of birds and crows that do not stop teasing. After posting the message, I didn't look at it again and just left it alone. The only app I'm interested in is Line, which I only use to talk to P’Phu.

Even if I type alone and he reads it, I consider it a conversation.

“Then what do you think about going to swim at the condo?” The voice of someone who was sitting quietly as a pestle sounded from the side. So yawned before twisting lazily. He seems to have been awake for a long time but he didn't come to rehearse.