Reminiscence

Being here for the second time in his life didn't make it any less wonderful. This place is and was sacred by Mandalrians through their entire rough history.

As he walks in, the only sound to be heard is the sermonial drums , banners of different clans hung high by their representatives, all united for an ancient yet renewed custom of initiation to the creed.

But above them all , stood a double banner of her house. House Kryze , the once great house of Mandalorian noblilty, they were taught while young that all these house have forsaken the way , that their selfishness was of the main reason that Mandalore was cursed.

But Mandalore isn't cursed , and House Kryze with Bo-Katan as its lonely lead is far from selfish. His heart ached remembering her memories of what had lead to the great purge , to hear tell the story of how she had sacrificed her dignity , her honor for her people , only for the scum Moff Gedion to petray her , making her carry the guilt of the death of millions under the hands of the treacherous Empire.

He was shocked listening to her tale , he remembered the day on Trask , accusing her of not being a Mandalrian. He felt the shame consuming him at the moment.
After she finished and everybody had went their way , he couldn't wait , he had to express his regret , he wanted to help her ease some of that burden. And when the time came , seeing her alone on ship , staring into the moons, he didn't realise his oath to her until he finished, he didn't regret it. That oath felt like participating in fulfilling a prophecy, like he was duty bound to her and by extension to the whole of Mandalore.

As the proceedings finished for Ragnar Vizla , the youngling now finally taking the creed , he felt a mixture of sadness appreciation for the child's father, his brother in arms, and he promised himself that he will be there for his son whenever he needed.

Once the Armourer was done , he descended the steps carrying his foundling. It was time , after Grogu's heroic action saving both his life and Bo-Katan's, he felt that the child was ready for his next step. But the Armourer was strict in following the creed and he felt he was being pushed into a decision that he longed for.

When the moment was upon him he looked to her. It was his decision, but still he looked , he didn't know what for, was encouragement, approval ?
But whatever he needed was granted simply with a sure nod. He felt relieved, Grogu was finally where he belonged. They were a family, a clan of two.

Although Grogu was now in his arms, his SON. He still felt a strong longing, he wouldn't kid himself to as the reason for it.
He had to have a much needed talk with her. It has been ten days since the battle to liberate the planet and with her position now and the huge responsibility and planing for the planet , they didn't have a time to talk.

So he stood at the head of the stairs and waited for his Mand'alor to arrive.