14: Alkyabba; The Royal Thobe

She had never seen someone as heartless as this guy was, and when he was done with the white linen, he didn't spared her a glance when he spoke, "I told you to get into your thobe, we're handing this to them together and they'll take you with them for a spa." The cut was deep, he had seen it but he acted as if he didn't.

She looked at him with bloodshot eyes and spoke, "Are you naturally this heartless or it's part of your not so painful fire you promised? Can't you see I have my feet cut? And all that matters is those freaking women waiting for the linen in your hand?!" She clamored, and this time, Al-mustapha looked at her.

"I see, you really didn't get what I told you yesterday. So what if you're hurt? As per as I know, I'm not the one that got hurt, right? Get up or I'll open the door now and they'll see you in the position you are now." He shrugged off his shoulder and walked over to where he had thrown her thobe. He flung it directly on her face and Fatima Zarah's bloodshot eyes followed his every move.

She felt as if the fire she was holding up for so long would burn her soul, but she had to act up for the time being, she had forever to make him pay for all he did to her. This wouldn't make her lose all that she had planned. She put on the thobe after she had successfully pulled out the glass from her feet and she set to her feet, limping until they reached the door.

As soon as Al-mustapha turned the doorknob, the women waiting in the living room rushed to him and he handed them the linen. The first sound they all made after the elder one among them had lifted it up for them to see was a loud yodel able to split their hearing organs into two. And before Fatima Zarah could make her next move, one of them had given her a piggyback ride and they walked to her chamber.

She was set down and was left with her two maids to take care of her, while the others left. If only they knew, she mused to herself. What he did today wasn't enough for her to forgive all he had done to her and that wouldn't stop her from taking the revenge she had set to, even if he were to gift her with all the heaven and earth entailed. She had to.

She wanted to apologize to Ammi for all she had said to her yesterday, "Sadiya, can I please have my phone from my bag? And will you two please give me a few minutes to have a phonecall?"

Sadiya nodded her head and she got the phone for her before she spoke, "Gimbiya, I'm sorry but please call us after you're done because we're to help you have your bathe and get ready for the walima."

Fatima Zarah wanted to scream at her but she restrained herself, "Sadiya, you don't have to do that, you can go and take care of other things. Thank you, I'll come out for breakfast in an hour, insha Allah." She was about to protest for what she had said when she dismissed them with a handwave and they had no choice but to do what she had ordered.

She dialled Ammi's number and Ammi didn't pick the call. She called Anty Wasila after, because she knew Ammi would never pick even if she was to call ehr more than a thousand times. "Good morning, Aunty Wasila, can I please speak to Ammi? If she's alone, or tell her that I want to have a conversation with her."

Seeing how urgent her voice sounded, Aunty Wasila didn't argue, she walked to Ammi and handed her the phone, "What do you want? Don't disturb my peace this morning, Fatima."

Fatima Zarah silently groaned and spoke, "Will you please drop the Fatima game, Ammi? I called to apologize, you know I will call. I'm sorry, Ammi, but please you can't be angry at me and be calling me Fatima up and down." Ammi smiled at herself, this habit of Fatima Zarah was something she'd love till her last breath.

"It's okay, Fatima Zarah, now what do you want?" She asked, and a smile broke Fatima Zarah's face.

"This sounds so much like my Ammi. Those bangles you gave me, they're with Aunty Wasila, please someone should bring them to me, I want to wear them today. And also, my cats, they should be brought to me, today; preferrably." She prayed Ammi won't be against bringing her cats here, because she couldn't imagine living without those two creatures that lighten up her soul.