33: Beard Gang

33: beard gang

They drove into the palace silently, her hand still clasped with his. She took in a breath and stared at the route he followed, she was slightly relieved seeing he didn't followed the route that led to Mama Fulani's chamber, because she knew they had an unsettled business with Mama Fulani. They arrived at Sarauniya's chamber, which meant the Queen, Mother of the royal gem.

Fatima Zarah took in a huge breath and Al-mustapha smiled at himself before he turned to look at her, "What? Are we nervous? Perhaps, jealous a bit?" He knew he was the one that would admit being nervous first before anyone. Because by Allah he was more nervous than Fatima Zarah could ever be. May be he was agitated a bit.

There was no one he hated all his life, despised to set his eyes on more than Rahma, and now she would be his wife. He didn't even know how that was going to work out. With Fatima Zarah, their game, everything. "Ready?" He asked, getting tire dof waiting for a reply from her. She nodded her head at him and he got down from the car.

Al-mustapha walked out of the car as well, and entwined their hands together. As much as Fatima Zarah wanted to be relieved because of that gesture, she couldn't help thinking of it as fake. May be he wanted to show Rahma that he was on good terms with her. May be it was a freaking tradition he was trying to follow. She winced internally, because she had never thought this would be the way she would feel, the day Al-mustapha would set to get in a second wife.

Ammi had told her, getting her fired from work wasn't the only thing Mama Fulani would do, she thought Ammi was just saying to threaten her more, but now she had believed her. They both ignored the greetings they were getting from the maids and walked directly into the guest living room, and at the sight of the lunch prepared for them; something struck at Fatima Zarah's chest.

They walked further into the living room, and with each step taken, Al-mustapha slightly squeeze her hand. It was a decent gesture, and she liked it. She peeled her hand away from his and with her voice that was threatening to get hooked up to her throat, she stared into his face to give him the ability to look into her eyes and read her expression.

"I think we should seat on separate seats, she might want to seat by your side, right?" She asked, and she hated the way her esteem was slowly melting down to her feet. She felt as if she had no more posession of him, because the moment she saw Mama Fulani's message, she knew it was over. The fact that she was still married to Al-mustapha was a miracle to her, not that she cared. Because she would love it more if she had gotten divorced with him before he got married to this bunch of bones.

He shook his head with a faint smile, he read her expression clearly, and she was jealous and sad. "We're going to sit together, she's not my wife yet, is she?" He asked, and those words did wonders to Fatima Zarah's heart.

She wanted to take them out, lay them directly to the sun until it glistened on them and they shone brightly with glisters made naturally. Those were the soothing words she had ever heard him uttered, even though in his part, she knew he didn't say that to cool her off. She shook her head at him stubbornly, because she could now hear the sounds of maids praising Rahma as she approached the living room.

"She's coming over in any second, I think we should just seat separately." She moved to sit over on a sofa when Al-mustapha held her by her wrist and she lost her balance, falling onto his chest.

He steadied her and wrapped his hands around her waist, pulling her to him more. He leaned onto her ears and whispered, "I think I need you to stay by myself, in some strange ways; you calm down my aggresiveness. And...I miss feeling you on my body." Melt. She wanted to tell herself. But what was happening to her today? One touch from him, all her skin pores stood, one word from him, she felt herself slowly melting like a shea butter. May be because she was sad and she could feel him slowly walking away? And as much as she hated to share, she was going to share him now.