18: Crime Scene

She had to go to the court today, and she was hell bent becuase she didn't mind wether he would let her go or not. She had asked Ammi to send the driver with her car and she did. It had already been a week, and Fatima Zarah couldn't be more glad that she could finally be free from seeing his face and not having to spend so much time with him. Even when he told her he didn't need maids from the palace, she didn't mind. Because all she knew is, she wouldn't be the one that'll be cleaning the house, she'd ask Ammi to look for a maid for her.

She got ready and the cook had already presented the food on the dining table, when she didn't se ehim, she shrugged off her shoulders and cheered herself to freedom. Because to her, that smelt like one. She quickly finished her breakfast and walked out to the parking lot. She had already got into the car and was warming the engine up when she heard a soft knock on her window. She swung the glass down.

They stared into each other's eyes and he got tired of the staring contest before he spoke, "Where are you going?" One thing she had noticed about him, he was possessive. Just because she got married to him didn't mean he owned her or something.

She looked at him squarely and rolled her eyes, "Where did we first met?" It was sarcastic, they both knew, but she wished he will answer himself. Because she saw no reason to answer him.

"I asked you where you're going not for you to ask me back, Fatima Zarah." She didn't know wether he was being authoritative or his voice gave out the annoyance he felt. She smiled mischieviously and shook her head.

"It was a rhetorical question, we both know the answers. I'm going to court, is that what you want to hear?" She asked and looked at the time on her wristwatch. "I need to go, Al-mustapha, I'm late." She waved at him and smirked before she swerved the steering wheel out of the parking lot. When she got to the gate, she swung her window once again and handed some cash to the gatemen.

"Keep buy everything she needs, I just need to be mentally stable to take care of her myself." They saluted to her and she drove off. Having it in mind to have a peaceful conversation with herself on how to see Lucy for the first time and explain to her that Lily was dead. She knew she sounded childish, but that's something only her could relate to.

"Amarya! The latest Royal bride, how have you been?" Jamila chorused as they both hugged each other. Fatima Zarah quickly got into the change room and she changed into her uniform before they walked together to the court.

"I've missed you more than words could ever say, Jamila. How have you been? Do you know I'm kind of nervous, meeting Barr. Aliyu for the first time after my marriage? It feels as if I've betrayed him." They both chuckled and haven't walked more than five steps when her name was being called.

"Fatima Zarah!" she prayed some supplications in her mind before she turned and Jamila quickly walked off and left her standing alone, while Barr. Aliyu walked up to her with a feign smile on his lips.

She smiled back at him and greeted him, "Good morning, Aliyu."

"Good morning to you too, The royal bride. You that's your newest name in town, apart from Fatima Zarah, right?" he asked, and she smiled wearily at him before she nodded her head, even though she haven't heard about it.

"I'm sorry I haven't invited you for the nikkah, I got carried away." She apologised, and she was more than glad when he smiled, and this time it was genuine.

"You shouldn't mind about that, really. I know how busy you must be. But you have to give me one of your sisters as a compensation, deal?" He asked jokingly and Fatima Zarah nodded her head with a small laugh before they walked into the court together.

"I have no sister, though. But if you see someone in the palace or together with me, just consider her yours, it's a deal then." They both chuckled and moved their separate ways.