29: Winner Of The Game

It was morning, weekends had always been her best part of the week even though she wouldn't rest as much as she wanted today, being part of the royal family even though she wasn't related to them by blood was somewhat tiring for Fatima Zarah. She wished she had an excuse for not attending this family gathering, but then she had to attend this gathering even though she had a concrete reason not to. She got ready early and called Abida to send Jannah for her, she ahd grown liking for the girl since when she heard her story yesterday.

She was in the dining table having her breakfast when Jannah walked into the living room and she fidgetted with her fingers before she walked up to where Fatima Zarah was. "Good morning, Aunty," she bowed her head down and greeted.

Fatima Zarah smiled at her before she lifted her hand up, "Come and sit with me, Jannah. Have you eaten?" She had always fancied having someone to eat with on the table other than Ammi, and when she got married, she hated seieng Al-mustapha's face all day long. Jannah hesitated at first before she sat down on the chair beside Fatima Zarah and she served herself.

"Did Hannah said she'll come and get you or I'll drop you off there? Actually I have some clothes that I've outgrown, too tight on me, I think they'll fit you." Fatima Zarah suggested as she scrutinizingly looked at Jannah's body even though she was seated, having almost half of her body covered.

"She said she'll come and pick me up. Actually, one man we met there presurred her until she begged me to go for the walima today, I don't. His name was Aliyu Hammad something, but I heard her calling him Barrister. I don't like to go, but she'll feel bad if I don't." What Fatima Zarah first noticed about Jannah was, she talked too much. But that's when she felt she was in a safe place to do so. And considering the way Fatima Zarah was free with her, she ought unleash her true self.

She smiled widely and a chuckle followed afterwards, then she picked up her phone that was by her side and dialled his number, she put the phone on speaker mode and she she singsung when he picked up. "Guess who I have in my house right now?!"

Aliyu laughed, surprised at the good mood she was in, considering how she left angry yesterday. "Who knows? May be Donald Trump came and gave you and endless free access to the USA and also a free accomodation in Trump Tower?!" Fatima Zarah didn't know when she burst out laughing until she nearly choke herself and she slowed down.

"If that's what really happened, I wouldn't have called you, Barr. You will have to see that in the news like every other Nigerian would." He laughed along with her and she sobered up before she glanced up at a nervous Jannah and she spoke.

"Actually, it's a girl you're beginning to get crazy about. May be it's time for me to fulfill the promise I've made, it's goodluck for you that you're one of the groomsman of Jamila's husband, really." She joked, and she was sure one of the pulses of Jannah increased while she stared blankly at her, not being able to comprehend her words.

"Who's that? You definitely can't know the girl I've got a crush on, recently. Just yesterday, but it feels like forever." He smiled, and it could be heard through the phone, Jannah was tensed.

"Her name is Jannah, and you saw her together with Jamila's sister, Hannah. Am I right? If I'm wrong, please tell me so I can end this call and go on with my daily activities."

He was so fast at cutting her off, because he knew ending a call before it even ended was one of Fatima Zarah's favourite things to do. "By Allah she's the one, but how do you know?!"

"She was just telling me, and I'm going to let her go to that walima because of you. But you'll have to give me a token for that." She chuckled when he let out a gasp, as if he was finding it so hard to believe what Fatima Zarah had just said.