27: Revelation

As she planned, they set out together with Jannah in her car. Even though she had noticed how uncomfortable Jannah was, she still tried to initiate a decent conversation with her. They first went to Jamila's house, and she was happy when she saw Fatima Zarah and she was so fast at bombarding her with questions. "Why did you leave early yesterday, Fatima Zarah? I thought you'd wait until the event was over?"

Fatima Zarah smiled and ushered Jannah in, that's when her eyes got to see her. "Who's this? your sister? Oh sorry, I know you don't have one." Jamila stated with a smile as she answered Jannah's faint greeting.

"She's a relative, Jamila. How's the wedding going? Already married, yeah? How does it feel?" She asked with a teasing smile and Jamila heaved a exaggerated sigh.

"I thought my heart would explode when the announcer told us that it was knotted, and I saw his message; phew! It was so hard, but I'm fine now, you know?" She wiggled her eyebrows and giggled when Fatima Zarah playfully tickled her stomach.

Food was brought, and Fatima Zarah urged Jannah to eat while she ate together with their friends, whom had been teasing her about getting pregnant soon, some were even saying she was already pregnant, she just didn't want them to know. She could only smile, if only they knew the highest point of intimacy she had gone with Al-mustapha was on the day she kissed him back, and even the kiss had never happened again. She didn't even see him to start with.

She felt the urge to go and see Ammi, even though she was sure Ammi wouldn't be back home until later in the day, she wanted to go to her home. Where she had known all her life and felt like hse could really not live anywhere but there. But she had got to be kidding someone. Because man, Ammi didn't even let her visit her for once since she got married, everytime it was the royal ethics. But today, she would go there before Ammi came back home, lay in her bed and atleast, she could sleep peacefully without thousand of thoughts rummaging through her brain.

She turned around and there wasn't a sight of Jannah, "Where is Jannah, Jamila?" She asked, a bit agitated, even though she knew there was no way Jannah could be missing in a house full of people rejoicing a wedding.

"I think she had walked out together with Hannah while you were praying," Jamila asked absentmindedly and kept chatting in her phone, smiling widely as. though she had won a lottery. Fatima Zarah smacked her shoulder. She felt relieved that Jannah was together with Jamila's sister, that would give her the chance to go se Ammi, pour everything out to her in peace.

"If you see them, please tell Jannah that I'll be back in the evening to get her, okay? I'm going to Ammi's house, may be I'll meet you in your house later in the evening." Jamila wriggled her brows and squealed softly.

"My house, that felt so nice, Yes, I'm sure I'm conveyed there before you're back, really. I'll see you then, extend my regards to Ammi please, and thank her for the gifts she had sent." Fatima Zarah walked out of the house and she drove directly to Mabera. Which each step she took towards the main entrance, she felt a knot in her heart loosening and it felt as if her soul found back its sanity.

She unlocked the door with the key that was always in her bag, because she had never walked out of her house with Ammi's house keys in her bags, it made her feel secure and safe, as if were she would go back really was her home. She entered the living room, and it was the same, scented the same, and the ambiance was everything she had missed and more.

"Ahh, how I wish Ammi is here!" She extended her hands in a happy way and smiled widely at all the furnitures, electric appliances in the living room. As though they could sense her presence in the house. She moved directly to the kitchen, that held the most happiest moments of her life with Ammi, then to the balcony, and something struck her heart. She could clearly remember studying while Lucy and Lily wandered around her legs and they snuggled into her skin, she dismissed the thought as quickly as it came.