17: Hunting Dream

Fatima Zarah had never being pained like this, she couldn't even tell Ammi that Lily was murdered by her so called husband. She laid there silently on her bed, crying her eyes out. If someone was to see her now and with such intensity she was crying with, one will think she had lost her parent, the only one she ever had. But no one will ever understand the pain she was going through was something unexplainable, and each time she remembered their moments with Lily, she couldn't stop her tears.

She had prayed her Isha in that phase and as she sat down silently in her room, there came a soft knock and she ushered whoever it was in. A maid walked in with her head hung down and she stood inches away from her. "Good evening, Gimbiya, your dinner is ready." Fatima Zarah nodded her head and she went into the bathroom, took care of her face before she walked out of the room and to the dining table.

She met him there, and with a single look at him, she took off her eyes and sat down. They were and they ate their dinner in silence, with eyes fixed on the television even though they weren't paying much attention to what was playing over there. She was done first, and before she was able to gulp down some water she got choked up by the food. She began coughing hysterically but Al-mustapha didn't even look up to her, and the maids rushed to her aid.

She drank up some water and walked back to her room, all the while wondering what type of human he was and the best way to avenge for what he did to her. She knew this was only the starting point of the hell he promised her. And no matter how this might sound, she couldn't think of the fire that she was going to burn him with, but one thing she was certain of was; she would never forgive him for killing Lily, she would never.

"Gimbiya, it's time to go to His Majesty's chamber," she heard the voice of one of the maids admist her train of thoughts, and she wished she could tell her that no one will ever make her go to his chamber today, but there are things that are out of her control. And she needed to teach him a lesson, to burn him painfully with her own fire too.

She got ready and they escorted her to his chamber, today, she asked them not to escort her into his room and they left at the living room. She didn't knock on the door when she barged directly into the room and he was just out from the shower. With only a towel wrapped over his waistline, Fatima Zarah wanted to scream out but she held her breath and acted as if what she saw wasn't anything.

"What are you doing? Can't you atleast knock on someone's door before intruding into his privacy?!" Al-mustapha clamored and angrily fixed his eyes on her. She chuckled tauntingly and placed her hands on akimbo.

"Who's talking about privacy here? Are you by chance transfered to law without my knowledge? I haven't seen a human worth me being knocking the door for." She glared harshly at him with her bloodshot eyes that were obsviously drained by the amount of tears she had shed.

Al-mustapha heaved a sigh and walked into his closet, and when he was out, she was on his bed already. "What are you doing? I though I made it clear to you that you're going to be sleeping on that couch until the seven days are finally over?" He questioned, and she acted as if she haven't heard what he said. She slipped her feet off her flip flops and laid down on the bed comfortably.

Lifting up the duvet over to her chest, she looked at him with a disgusted look and spoke, "If you're done, turn the lights off for me please."

Al-mustapha walked to where she was and tapped her shoulder angrily, "Don't make me do what we both aren't ready for, this night. It's either you get down and go to the couch I've told you to be sleeping on or you'll regret this, Fatima Zarah." He had a warning and threatening tone laced on his voice, and Fatima Zarah squinted her eyes angrily at him.

"What's the worst that you'll do? Rape me? Do that and I'm going to sue you to court tomorrow morning, and Mama Fulani will know the blood on that white linen is fake. Or are you going to kill me like you killed Lily? What's the freaking worst you can do, Al-mustapha?!" There was no answer, as he stared at her with his eyes unable to blink for a second.