Chapter 1:A normal day

Wake up baby brother!" A loud energetic voice filled the room which caused zane to jolt awake thinking that something had happened. "Garth? Is everything alright?!" "Everythings fine baby brother mom just told me to wake you up is anything wrong? You usually don't wake up so afraid...." "I'm fine,just had a bit of a scare I'll be down in a minute." He knew that was a lie,zane ro'meave was never okay. Ever since the incident at starlight and the time he had at the cabin he's never been on ease. The tired brother went into his closet and put on his usual clothes before putting on his mask that covered his freckles. Freckles,the one feature that made him feel insecure. He thinks they're ugly. He opened his door and walked down the stairs into the kitchen to be greeted by his mom and dad who were cooking breakfast while his two brothers sat on the table. "Good morning my little zuzu how was your sleep?" He hated that nickname but he wouldn't bother telling his parents to stop calling him that he used to tell them to but after a while he just stopped complaining. Before he got lost in his thoughts he sat down across from his brothers and started to eat his food quickly not wanting to gain into any conversation with his family. After he finished eating his food he put the plate into the sink and went back to his room not wanting to stay in the room any longer than he had to. Once he made s the door was closed he grabbed his phone from his desk looking into his contacts to find a number that he made himself remember to keep his friend who was currently in the hospital company. Ever since he became friends aphmau he's been constantly protecting her being a father figure that she never had. Zane didn't do this because he was overprotective it was because he was afraid that aphmau might one day leave him. After a bit of thinking he called the number he so desperately needed to hear. "Aph?" "Zane! It's been a while since I've heard from any of you how's everything going?" "Everyone is recovered and the wounds seem to be closing in" "what about you?" "My shoulders fine how about you?" "The doctors said that me and travis need another month I just want to come home..." Zane could tell that she was on the verge of tears based on her voice and how it cracked at the end "hey,it's gonna be alright I promise once you're released I'll book a plane and bring you and travis home how does that sound?" "R-really?" "Yes aph,I'll come get you soon just call me when the time comes alright?" "Alright..well I need to go now the doctor wants me" "stay strong aph" "I will!" Before he could say anything else she hung up. He let out a groan of frustration thinking when they'd be able to leave starlight. Just then there was a knock on the door "who is it?" "It's me,Garroth who else would come see their baby brother?" "What do you want?" "Mom wanted to know if you wanna come to the mall with her dads coming to" "tell her I said no" "but why? You haven't left the house in ages and all you do is stay locked up in your room I'm worried for you..." "well you shouldn't be I'm fine if you want to go then you can I'm old enough to take care of myself" "alright then..." Garroth walked away from his brothers room to tell his mother about his brother's decision. Once the parents left zane let out a childish whine escape his mouth and he knew that he needed to regress for a while so he grabbed a pony plush and hid under the blanket curling up into a little ball before falling asleep.

Word count:672

First chapter wooo