Chapter 5:Worried zane

"Zane?" A wave of relief washed over his face hearing his best friend's name over the phone finally picking up. "A-aph!" "Still having trouble saying people's name?" "Yeah...but put that aside,how are you and Travis?" "Travis and I are doing fine he recently just started learning how to walk again!" "That's wonderful how about you?" "I'm feeling better! Although I'm still in bandages and I don't know how much longer I need to keep wearing them" "that's fine as long as you both are healing that's all I need to know" "how's life going on the street?" "Everyone's still in pure shock and haven't come out of their houses excluding my family" "you go outside?" "No,just Garroth and my parents the shoulder still stings a bit so I'm resting" "Awh I hope you feel better soon I have to go the doctor wants to change my bandages!" "Bye aph" "bye Zane!" He heard the other end of line go off as he lifted the phone off his ear to look at his brother who was staring back at him with worry. "What?" "It still hurts?! Zane it's been three weeks! Why didn't you tell me?!" "I didn't want you to feel more guilty than you already do okay? Just drop the subject" "no! I will not let my baby brother as the oldest it is my responsibility to take care of you and right now we need to bandage that shoulder!" "Garroth I told you I'm-" before he could say anything else his brother picked him up and ran down the stairs towards the kitchen set him down on a chair before looking for bandages to wrap his brother's shoulder. Once he finally found the white bandages he walked towards his brother and told him to take off his jacket so he could bandage his shoulder the younger brother's response was a grumble before he reluctantly took off his jacket revealing his shirt that aph gave him that said "she's my best friend!" With a photo of her face on top of the sentence his eyes welled up thinking about her and how much he'd missed hanging out with her. This didn't go unnoticed by his brother since he immediately hugged his brother gently "it's alright baby brother you'll see her again I promise now let's get your shoulder bandaged alright?" His brother didn't say anything but lift up his shoulder revealing a medium sized stab wound that his brother did back at starlight when he was under control from a forever potion. Garroth wrapped the bandages around the wound careful to not cause anything pain or discomfort to his brother which luckily worked. After making sure the bandages were secure and wouldn't fall off he slowly covered his brothers shoulder with his hoodie that he helped put on. "Feeling better?" "Yeah" "oh Zane,I know you miss her we all do but we have to stay strong can you do that for her?" "....okay" "good! Now you can't stay cooped up in your room all day with an injury like that so we're going to watch my little pony together!" "You wanna watch that with me?" "Of course you deserve it after all!" The blonde picked up his brother and set him on the couch turning on his favorite show. As they watched Zane put his head on his brother's shoulder and continued watching the ponies talking on the screen his brother smiled at the action his brother was doing. He was happy that his brother felt a little better after all that's happened this is what they truly needed,some bonding time.

Word count:611