Chapter 7:The call

Zane woke up on the couch immediately noticing that his family was cuddling each other with him being in the middle. He smiled at the sight and slowly stood up putting all his little items in his purple box before grabbing the lid and closed the box with it. He picked up the box and carefully walked up the stairs and barely managed to open his door since both his hands wer occupied with the box in his arms. Once he went in his room he set the box on the floor before opening his closet and putting the box in there with his foot and then he made sure the box was secure before closing his closet completely. Just then,he heard his phone ringing he immediately opened it and saw that it was Aphmau calling his worry spiked through the room she isn't supposed to call at this time unless it's urgent! He thought to himself as he answered the call immediately putting it near his ear "Z-Zane?" It didn't take a genius to know that his best friend was crying but little did he know that they weren't for a bad reason at all. "Aph?! What's wrong?! Why are you crying?!" He spoke worry evident on his face "IM DISCHARGED!" He blinked. "W-what Aph you can't be serious are you messing with me?" "NO IM SERIOUS ME AND TRAVIS ARE DISCHARGED! WE CAN GO HOME ZANE,WE CAN GO HOME!" The reality finally sunk into him he put down his mask revealing the most biggest smile he's ever shown in a while "IM COMING TO GET YOU BOTH STAY PUT APH!" He ended the call and started packing everything he would need for a two day trip he was mentally squealing in joy at the thought of his best friend coming home. He didn't even bother being quiet as he ran down the stairs his stuff secure in his bag. His steps were enough to make hai entire family wake up and look at him in confusion as he bolted to the door "baby brother wait! Where are you going?" "Aph's being discharged along with Travis! I'm heading to the airport to get to the plane on starlight can one of you drive me there please?!" His mother immediately nodded and kissed her eldest son goodbye before running after Zane who was already outside waiting impatiently for his mother to open the car with her keys "alright alright I'll open the car just don't break the doors alright?" His mother said sternly she was aware of how strong her son was if he really wanted to put the effort into it. She pulled out the keys and got into the driver's seat Zane sitting right next to her in the passenger seat "do you have your ticket?" "Yes" "do you have everything you need?" "Yes" "are you sure you're going to be alright alone on starlight? I know the place brings back bad memories for you and I'm worried you'll have a panic attack are you sure you're going to be fine alone?" "I won't be alone,I'll call Aph or you if I think I'm having an episode" without another word said, she started up the car and drove out of the neighborhood and into the not so empty road. Zane was practically shaking of excitement at this point the thought of seeing aph and Travis (not a ship) was enough to send him into forever excitement. It was a 30 minute drive but once the car was parked in the garage,Zane mother gave him a kiss on the forehead before telling him something sternly "make sure to call me if you're in dire need to emotional support alright?" "Okay ma,can you unlock the car now?" "Ah yes right I forgot to do that bye my little zuzu!" "Bye mama!" He said running into the airport. His mother then drove back home feeling glad that her son would soon be reunited with the first friend he's ever had.